Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, installed Recaros in my 2002 svtf today. Driver seat went in without problem, but the passenger seat is causing an airbag light. The wiring appears correct assuming there is not a short somewhere. Any ideas what could be causing the light? I did try swapping the seat belt latch and tensioner from the stock seats.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
I did this swap back in 2003 and don't remember any issues just plug and play.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
I was able to add the heated seat feature though by changing the center console and adding the switches. It's also plug and play. The wiring harness is already there and the fuse is already in place. That was a nice bonus. Plug in your old seat to see if the light goes off and that would help to confirm that the issue is in that particular seat.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was able to add the heated seat feature though by changing the center console and adding the switches. It's also plug and play. The wiring harness is already there and the fuse is already in place. That was a nice bonus. Plug in your old seat to see if the light goes off and that would help to confirm that the issue is in that particular seat.

Yes I did that. Would it be easy to wire a switch in for heated seats?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Could be airbags. Were they bought from a crashed car? when I got mine the airbags were blown but already sowed up.
That's so not cool unless the person you bought them from told you.

·
Lurking...
2,180 Posts
Unfortunately not, gotta give props to whoever repaired them, couldn't even tell looks OEM. I inspected them first hand before I purchased them to and that question didn't even cross my mind they looked so good.

Back to OPs problem:

There were a few things that I had to swap but I was going to an 05' ST.
Seat Position Sensor
Seatbelt Pretensioner
Airbag (obviously since they were blown)
Passenger Seat Sensor <-- You don't need to worry about this.

Now your airbag light should flash a number of times. See if you can cross reference that number with one on this list. Its a good starting point. Not sure if there is a more accurate or specific list to the focus than this one.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Could be airbags. Were they bought from a crashed car? when I got mine the airbags were blown but already sowed up.
Im at least the fourth owner, lol. The guy I bought them from didn't have the airbags hooked up, and they had connectors for a non-svt spliced in, so that has to be at least 4 cars. They are in shockingly great shape considering. I replaced the seatbelt buckle and belt tensioner wires from the stock seat which is how I concluded it's airbag related. I suppose I could take the airbag out of the stock seat, but would rather not mess that seat up.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Exchanged the air bag out of the stock seat and all is well. To anyone in the future, these seats are really easy to rewire. PM me with questions

1 - 12 of 12 Posts