Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well while I was up at steedas shop in Valdosta yesterday I picked up one of their new sway bars that where just released earlier this week. So I decided to install it tonight

Here is the new sway

Here it is compared to the stock sway

Since I just installed it I haven't noticed a difference, but I doubt I will till I find some good corners to test it on.

Maybe at the steeda stampede in a few weeks.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Wow, that stock one looks sad next to it's replacement! Hope it turns out to be worth it; a small drop might help with handling as well.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well while I was up at steedas shop in Valdosta yesterday I picked up one of their new sway bars that where just released earlier this week. So I decided to install it tonight

Here is the new sway

Here it is compared to the stock sway

Since I just installed it I haven't noticed a difference, but I doubt I will till I find some good corners to test it on.

Maybe at the steeda stampede in a few weeks.
A little off topic, but is that a Yingling (sp?) in the photo? I had some for the first time while I was in Orlando earlier this year and they make some nice beer! [cheers]

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
G-Fez, why yes that is a Yuengling in the photo, after removing the stock one rewarded myself lol

xwhit3devilx, I am waiting to see if steeda is going to release their springs soon, of they are in going to get those, or pick up the eibachs.

·
Sonic Crew #04
7,513 Posts
nice, i assume the 20% weight difference is a pound or 2 and not anything significant?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Why do the corners look press bent instead of mandrel bent? That's now the weakest part, and the most important area! And by the looks of the diameter, I'd say it's hollow pipe, and not bar. Not saying Steeda makes junk at all!!! Just kinda curious before I spend some dough. Ya know? ;)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Cool! Looks nice anyhow. Ugh, Schuykill Punch Yengling. Blech! That's made close to us. Still don't know why people like that stuff!

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Why do the corners look press bent instead of mandrel bent? That's now the weakest part, and the most important area! And by the looks of the diameter, I'd say it's hollow pipe, and not bar. Not saying Steeda makes junk at all!!! Just kinda curious before I spend some dough. Ya know? ;)
From what I understand press bending is generally used for solid steel for structural purposes where as mandrel is used for hollow to reduce the rippling effect. There's also one less bend per side in the Steeda bar over the stock bar. I could be way off though.

·
Registered
967 Posts
G-Fez, why yes that is a Yuengling in the photo, after removing the stock one rewarded myself lol
Ive heard of it but never seen one before - its not available in ontario. Neat.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yuengling FTW! Nutty 5.0, Im from 10 min where they make that but havent been home in a long time. It's weird how you start to miss it lmao! Oh, oh wait, Nice RSB! I cant decide if I want to get it or not though. That and I can't decide between the H&R or Eibachs

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yuengling FTW! Nutty 5.0, Im from 10 min where they make that but havent been home in a long time. It's weird how you start to miss it lmao! Oh, oh wait, Nice RSB! I cant decide if I want to get it or not though. That and I can't decide between the H&R or Eibachs
RSB, Lager or Black & Tan?
Hmmm, how about all three!

·
Registered
36 Posts
That good 'ol lager will do just fine! I've been in Colorado long enough now where the Coors Light is getting to me. I need to get back home where the beer is good and Salene the death dealer (My Focus) is at sea level. 6,500 ft above sucks the performance right out of everything

·
Registered
446 Posts
Haha.... I'm 200 feet away from the plant in Tampa. Lol
Good stuff!!

·
Registered
968 Posts
...I need to get back home where the beer is good and Salene the death dealer (My Focus) is at sea level. 6,500 ft above sucks the performance right out of everything
Some quality forced induction will fix that...

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
714 Posts
I have yet to try Yuengling but I should since most of my favorites are lagers:

stella artois
weihenstephaner festbier
heineken
negra modelo
pilsner urquell
red stripe
birra moretti la rossa

prob forgot some

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
I've been drinking yuengling for so many years I've grown tired of it. I used to really enjoy it when pretty much the only place you could get it was Pittsburgh. Since they started distributing distances away it just doesn't taste the same. So how about that sway bar?
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've been drinking yuengling for so many years I've grown tired of it. I used to really enjoy it when pretty much the only place you could get it was Pittsburgh. Since they started distributing distances away it just doesn't taste the same. So how about that sway bar?
Posted via FF Mobile
I got mine. put it on the car, squeaks like and old bed but the car handles great!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts