Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didnt feel like spending 800 million dollars on factory projectors or anything like that...so i bought the recommended "ebay" brand projector lights a few monthes back. i took out the bulbs that came with it and installed some brighter silvertar bulbs. Over all..quality of the lights is very good..they fit very well too. With shipping, it came to $180 for two lamps. Heres some pics..tell me what you think

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well..its pretty good actually. i havent adjusted anything yet..but i plan on it for sure. it has an interesting v shape on the road right now, decent projection....but id imagine if i adjusted the beam upwards a bit itll make a difference. its real nice with the fogs on. High beams are kind of goofy..they work well, and are very bright..but makes it look sorta like tunnel vision compared to the regular lights.

I didnt sell my OEm lights so ill see how i like these lights in the long run ;D

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
You sure you don't want this in the ”Exterior Body & Lighting Chat” forums?
I'll bet everyone would like to see your work. [thumb]
BTW, nice emblem on the grille. [:D]

High beams are kind of goofy..they work well, and are very bright..but makes it look sorta like tunnel vision compared to the regular lights.
Have you done the "switch mod" to keep both low and highs on when you switch to high-beams?
http://homepage.mac.com/alf/HIDlights/step06.html

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wherever you think it would be appropriate kind sir..and no..i didnt even know about the switch mod...i definitely want to do that tho! thanks again for yet another good piece of advice

Garret

1 - 5 of 5 Posts