Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,022 Posts
looks good, why the RS on the back though?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mofocus said:
looks good, why the RS on the back though?
When I bought it the only thing this Roush came with was the front spoiler, I've bought the rest of the body kit, carbon hood, intake, etc. I originally wanted it to look like an RS, and even priced around used RS engines to do an engine swap, but a baby came and I spent the upgrade money to buy an Altima SE-R because I needed the extra room for a baby seat.

Right now this is my hobby car, the Altima is the Daily Driver. This car only has 7K miles on it. Just trying to get some feedback on what I should do next...

I just bought the carbon fiber interior trim kit and the carbon look tail lights. It has the full Eibach sport line kit with dampers, sway bars, etc. I just got a JVC in dash DVD player too, Im mainly aiming at exterior and interior mods at this point. I'm open to suggestions on what to do next.

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
538 Posts
Did you get the roush exhaust, or is that just a tip.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
Saweet! Love the midwing too. Ida been tempted to paint the roof and upper rear wing black to kinda go with the hood. But looks great the way you've got it too. Paint the door handles and mirrors yellow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,288 Posts
Nice, you should paint the headlights and grille black. It will look sweet.
 

·
FocusFreak
Joined
·
2,438 Posts
Your car looks very nice. i too have a 05 yellow zx3 and bought the body kit (haven't installed it)

I would:
Clear corners on front
Paint chrome grille black
Black out headlights
Lightly tint it.. not too dark where you can't see the nice seats
 

·
FocusFreak
Joined
·
2,438 Posts
05ylwroush said:
It has the full Eibach sport line kit with dampers, sway bars, etc.

Really? I am suprised it does not look lower as they advertise a front drop of 2" and a rear of 2.2" I figured the car would look lower than yours does. (That is the suspension I am planning on running)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nigletsyz said:
Really? I am suprised it does not look lower as they advertise a front drop of 2" and a rear of 2.2" I figured the car would look lower than yours does. (That is the suspension I am planning on running)
I did too, but I have to say it rides great, for the drop I almost cant feel a harsh ride. The only issues I ever had, is not torquing the strut nuts to 35 lbs. torque up front, I had all sorts of spring popping. Now all is good. The wheels that came with it are still on, 17 roush gunmetal wheels, Ive been thinking of sticking 19's on there but I hear they wont fit unless I roll the fenders, and Im OK with that, just havent seen many people doing it on this board.

The car is a super fun ride but not very fast, this is the 2.0 PZEV model, aside from the cat back and intake I've done nothing else engine/performance wise. I've seriously been considering buying the Nitrous Express kit, I just dont think at this time I want to go the Cosworth/Duratec kit upgrade route or the Focus Sport turbo kit route.
 

·
FocusFreak
Joined
·
2,438 Posts
The NX kit is relatively cheap thrills, but I would probably save the money for a turbo kit for this car. For about 2K or so you can have about 200whp which IMO would be perfect for this car, and will compliment your suspension setup nicely.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,084 Posts
nigletsyz said:
The NX kit is relatively cheap thrills, but I would probably save the money for a turbo kit for this car. For about 2K or so you can have about 200whp which IMO would be perfect for this car, and will compliment your suspension setup nicely.
2K for a turbo kit???? show me where

Tbones00SE said:
Nice, you should paint the headlights and grille black. It will look sweet.
SuperFlea said:
I think you shoud get the SVT mirrors or color match your mirror covers.
Yes and yes, both would compliment the work you've done so far very well. [thumb]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts
where did you score some foglights? I bought a front bumper through that group buy... I need to have it painted and installed still.. how much did the paint and install run for your kit? It looks good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bobby_d said:
where did you score some foglights? I bought a front bumper through that group buy... I need to have it painted and installed still.. how much did the paint and install run for your kit? It looks good.
I paid $800 for the side skirts, the rear bumper and the front bumper, $787 to be exact. That also included the trimming of the side skirts and their work is guaranteed. I honeslty did not shop around, I got a recommendation from a friend to go to this shop, so I just trusted his advice on it. The paint is high quality and there are no drips or over spray, it looks exactly like factory.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,340 Posts
the RS letters look like they were snagged from Porsche? that where you got em?

looks good, IMO
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top