Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I followed the directions for the passenger mount and it went very smoothly, less than 30min this morning. The thing is so much height was added the engine rocks quite a bit when going from Park to Reverse to Drive and you can hear the gear change more and it takes 1 second longer. It "pitches" more towards the airbox now.

So I assume the driver side mount is bad, resulting from different heights of rubber. The driver side is only $30 at Advance/Autozone so why not.

I'm getting ready to get the part, have directions, but have a newbie question: where should I support the transmission at? A picture would be worth a thousand words. Thanks! car is a 2003 ZTS 2.0L.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All finished. The 13/16th stud dropped on me a bit so I used a second jack on the actually transmission to pump it back up.

That being said, pass & driver are done and the vibration is still there in Park. I see the wishbone one down there towards the back. It drops up and down a bit when going from Park to Reverse (not sure how much is supposed to be normal though). A big BUT though, I used Anchor for the passenger ($18 at Rock Auto) so I think I may have lost on my 50/50 chance of getting a good one. Autozone has a Duralast one for $48, Ford online is about $94, Dealer $127.

Anyone heard about Duralast? I've used them for the starter I think.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Get the ford one, only buy duralast if you want to use the warranty. If you dont mind swapping that part out often, then get the az.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts