Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cfm 67mm tb
cfm adjustable sts
aem cai
focus sport udp
noky yellow fogs :)

man the car is really different, I deffinatly feel a difference when driving.
Now I need to get a new tune for it all, but I dont know if I should just wait on the new tune until I get my exhaust done or not.

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
exhaust is a must with the bolt ons you have already.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no pics, I brought my digi to my buddies house, and dropped it getting out of the car, no more digi lol.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm getting the 2.5" magnaflow from truebendz, I just dont know if I get a tune for what I have now, will I need another tune when I add the exhaust? If thats the case I'll just get the exhaust first and tune after that. I wonder how the tune would work if I just got one for my current mods + exhaust, before actually having the exhaust insatlled.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
If you get a tune from Tom I believe he will give you an upgrade at no extra cost if you add an exhaust. This way you can get a tune now and then just have send you another one when you get the exhaust.

·
Registered
229 Posts
If you are going with TrueBendz, make sure they send everything with it. i.e. clamps, exhaust gasket etc etc..Had a friend that did that and got screwed. Exhaust was nice, missing parts sucked..But if I were you, go with the borla setup..Mhm mhm

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
exhaust is a must with the bolt ons you have already.
No it isn't; an exhaust isn't going to give you any gains. The stock SVT exhaust has been proven over and over again to be the same or better than any aftermarket exhaust unless you go forced induction. The only part worth upgrading is the cat-pipe; swap it out for a high-flow cat or an offroad pipe (no cat).

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looking for the hfc with the 2.5" magnaflow. I dont want to run an orp because I just dont want my car to be that loud.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
You won't need a tune. A high-flow is a good choice... you won't smell like fuel all the time, too. [:)]

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
orp smells bad huh? didnt know that.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Yeah I have one on my ZX3. I'd warm up the car while scraping ice off the windows, and the fumes would get in my clothes. I walk inside and smell like fuel for like an hour or two.

That's the cat's purpose: to reduce unburnt fuel emissions.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well I sure dont want to smell like fuel at work or on a date lol.

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I didnt know that orp will stink you up...

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Very true. At startup in the a.m. my car smells very rich. I'm always cleaning inside of the tip too. Not bad in the summer because it doesn't linger in the air. I'm always nervous when a cop is behind me. I've got a 4-2-1 with no cat.

·
Registered
758 Posts
The previous posters are correct, if you get a tune from Tom @ Focus-Power, he'll email you updates for free once you add more mod's...

·
Registered
191 Posts
i got the magnaflow and its loud. if u dont want loud do like CaysE said and get the hfc with ur stock exhaust. me i like the loud exhaust

1 - 20 of 28 Posts