Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Installed my AEM CAI today!!! Video included!

Well I had bought the damn thing a month or so ago but didn't want to put it on because I wanted to get some warrenty work done. So after finally getting that taken care of I was free to install!!!! I had decided to take video before and after the install to highlight the difference in how it sounds! I am a little dissappointed with the capabilities of my camera as it does not clearly articulate how good this thing sounds! But I have them posted, just turn up your speakers a bit to hear the deeper growl to the second video.

As a side note I was very fortunate to cheeply acquire the AEM Brand New on ebay from someone from Michigan who had bought it but was afraid to install it because of the rain!! Its been a while since I paid for it but I think it was around $200.

Bone stock video

Cold Air Intake installed video

·
Registered
607 Posts
looks just like my engine bay.. even down to the color[:D]

erm, yeah glad you like it.. What is next on the modding list? TB perhaps? exhuast?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ehh. I think i'm gonna leave the exhaust alone until I get the balls/money to go FI. I really wanted to get my TB ported but I dont have the funds atm. I figure either a ported TB or the front Strut bar will be next on my list. You cant see in the pictures but I swapped the stock headlights for HIDs! I love that mod! Wish they had come like that.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
yes the HID's are sweet [:D] glad you liked the mod. the best one i got on my car so far and the sound is just incredible. the cai also makes the exhaust a little bit louder too [thumb]

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
looks great...i miss mine. I had mine on and took it in for warranty work and no one said a thing about it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I love my CAI too. I hate the little whistle noise it makes on cracking the throttle open, but the throatiness on WOT more then makes up for it.

So BMXer, sick of the boost yet and going to come back to the NA world? [;)]

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Enjoy it I love the sound!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ohh damn I am digging the sound!!! I keep my window rolled down now when I floor it so I can hear it better. I dont think i'll be getting very good mileage out of this tank LOL. I keep flooring it!!!!!!!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Hahaha, those stupid losers from Michigan.... [paranoid] achmm.

Sounds real nice though. It might have picked up sound better by recording from the rear of the car, cus the fan was very audible.

Good work!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Damnit man!! That sound is freakin hardcore addicting to me. I am flooring it more than ever now just to hear that wicked growl! Man my mileage is sure going to suffer I know it ;(

·
Registered
714 Posts
The sad part is you never get used to it.
It makes you run WOT alot ... spend $$$on gas.
The only "cure' is boost[:)~]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts