Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys new to the group, just bought a 14 focus S, its got 2500kms on it now so I thought I should put a Cat-back on before its first oil change LOL
Anyways I bought it off a fellow member here and went to install it tonight, in magnaflows install sheet it states to measure back from the cat 3" and cut there (right in front of stock resonator) well when I got under the car it is just a big straight section in front of my resonator right up to the flex pipe (No Cat?). No big deal I just measured and cut (measure 4" from front of resonator and cut). Then , I could not get the mid pipe to go over the "axle" I wrestled with it for a while and decided to call tech support at magnaflow. He emailed me some pics of their 2012 test car install and I noticed their plastic trim piece in front of the LCA looked a bit different than my 2014 so i removed it and the mid pipe "slid" into place then I reinstalled it. Also on the 12 & 13 there is a hanger right at the axle and the 14 there is not so I had to cut the hanger off the magnaflow.
So if you have a 14 just;
1) jack up car and put stands under it
2) measure 4" in front of resonator and cut
3) remove cross member
4) cut factory exhaust behind axle
5) pull all hangers out of rubber and remove factory exhaust
6) plastic trim (see pic, arrow on left shows plastic to be removed and arrow on right shows hanger to be cut off. This pic is from a 2012, the 2014 has no place for that hanger)
7) on magnaflow midpipe, cut off hanger at the "axle bend"
8)hang rear muffler section
9) slide front resonator pipe into place then slide into mid pipe, then rear of mid pipe into rear section
10) tighten all 3 clamps starting at front is how I did it.
11) reinstall plastic trim and cross member

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I did the newmission/silencer mod (maybe k&n or steeda for Xmas), short shifter, and I installed a center console/armrest from an SE. (That was fun) its so much nicer to have an armrest and I also modified the harness under the center so I could take advantage of the rear 12v outlet that mine did not originally have.
Can't wait for spring too cause I picked up some 18's from a 12 Ti w/ handling package....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Also I did the newmission/silencer mod (maybe k&n or steeda for Xmas), short shifter, and I installed a center console/armrest from an SE. (That was fun) its so much nicer to have an armrest and I also modified the harness under the center so I could take advantage of the rear 12v outlet that mine did not originally have.
Can't wait for spring too cause I picked up some 18's from a 12 Ti w/ handling package....

Those 18's have tires? If not, mine (12 Ti with handlin package) have 235/40 R 18's on them and fit great. That's the stock size I think (I bought used with 16,000 miles).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts