Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I guess I was too excited to not share this info'. Just had a JRSC+BBK installed yesterday--MODACAR in Livermore (great shop--highly recommended). Although my car doesn't rip through the cement, it surely makes its "mark". 196whp/155lbs.tq., as dyno'd. All other internals are stock'. I must say, JRSC/Ford Racing did a fantastic job designing a FI solution that's both reliable, consistent, and downright fun! 'Power: immediate, and progressive; throttle response: eager and aggressive; the car: much, much lighter on it's "feet." I would highly recommend it to the Focus enthusiast who wishes to have a lot more "go" when he/she's on-the-go!

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Lucky bastard! hahahah

Congrats!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Nice... I'm familiar with Modacar. They did some suspension work on my son's Acura Integra. Great shop for sure. Sounds like your car's going to be alot of fun to drive. I'm jealous. I'd love to go with that kit for my SVTF daily driver as well. Have fun...

·
Registered
975 Posts
nice upgrade but the numbers aren't too great 196hp iono if its worth the $$ but pretty nice how much are u boostin at ?

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
^^ true, with a little more tuning you should be able to get 210-220hp.

congrats on that JRSC, though. they are def reliable, low maintenance and certainly makes the car more fun.

and since you still only have 6 posts...I will say [welcome]

·
Cashed in my chips
2,837 Posts
yeah, i was gonna say I though straight JRSC's put out 190's whp.

w/ the BBK you should be getting at least 210 safely w/ the FR tune. Did the shop send your PCM in to get re-flashed?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
those numbers seem low...my car made 195whp without the BBK

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
My car made 211hp with the standard JRSC on the exact same dyno...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone' for the replies. Dyno: Yeah, the numbers aren't spectacular. I'm not too sure why. But, I'm content with the setup. Maybe I'll inquire at the shop about power, etc. Once again, the setup does include the Big Boost. I know that each car has it's own personality and such, and I'm thinking mine, though perkier, just didn't yield the kind of power lots JRSC customers enjoy. I'm not complaining though. It's way better than some of the nightmare stories I had with my previous car (VW GTI MKIV--loved her, may she rest in piece). Anyway, any other suggestions anyone?

·
Registered
128 Posts
yea focalpointe u must be running stock with just the jrsc bbk? i can see maybe why he has those numbers with the ford racing tune not as aggressive as maybe going tuned by wayne...my jrsc bbk is sitting in my room rite behind me...im waiting to install my wideband and boost gauge did u do any of that? also are you running your stock clutch because i am :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
...sorry for my ignorance. Who's Wayne? I hear his name a lot. If I were to go with a tune by Wayne for the JRSC/BBK setup, do I need to meet with him? Or can it be as simple as a phone call? thanks...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I cant believe you payed someone to install the kit. If anyone wants i could save them money and help . I installed mine in about 10 hours total over a two day period. took my time while wating for the ecu. not impressed by the performance too cash ratio but its defenitly a different car. prbably go from 16.3 to 14.1 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
210 Posts
svtturttle said:
...prbably go from 16.3 to 14.1 1/4 mile...
With the BBK your low-mid 14s if you can drive. If you were running a 16.3, I'd say you'll now be running a 14.5 at 99-100mph.

·
Registered
128 Posts
svtturtle....so you went with the ford racing ecu reflash?? also are you running a wideband? and have u throught about getting a Xcal 2 and have a custom tune???

1 - 20 of 20 Posts