Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my hid's and installed them it took about 1hr. i got the hid's from a local person and will update after tonight to see the outcome!! Oh Yea i Went 10000K- im thinking i shoulda went 8000K

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
I'm going to guess you put them in the stock reflector housings. But for your sake, I hope you didn't.
Stock reflectors + 10,000k HID's = horrible light output and bad glare for other drivers.
6000k and projector headlights would have been your best bet.
The higher past 6000k you go the worse the light output is.
It may look cool, but function > form.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
^^^Well the only reason the light output looks worse is cuz it's harder to see since it's more blue, I do have 8000k HID's in my stock ones right now though...lol...the light output isnt bad at all. I'm sure it is for other drivers though, which is why i got projectors, which will have 55W 8000k HID's in them..

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Congrats for u petes05st! Hope u like them... and [welcome]

·
Registered
776 Posts
i'm running 10000ks and love them. No matter what anyone tells you, it's way better than stock. (light output wise)

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
im glad you live in cali.

·
Registered
776 Posts
pete- don't worry about everyone else. You'll catch a LOT of heat around here for running HID in a standard housing. Just aim them down, and enjoy. It's your car, don't let anyone else try and tell you what to do with it, or make you feel bad about it.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Yeah ppl on this forum will talk mad shnit and bash you for putting hids in a stock housing. well i ant as rich as everyone else on here with there hid retrofit recardo seats and turbo kit im poor and i try to make my wipp nice.. i have 6000k in my stock housing and they look just fine so if anyone wants to bash come see me..

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
No one has bashed in this thread......so what are you guys talking about?
I know you aren't referring to my post. There was no bashing there.
Just giving him advise and info. No need to be so defensive.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
bro i wasent reffering to ur post.. just wait till more people to comment this thread.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
ok, im sorry, but ill be the basher here if you will

im so damn sick and tired of seeing cars with ILLEGAL hid kits on them.

my eyes are very sensative to light at night, to the point where i consider wearing my perscription sunglasses at night, just becuase of people that do this

yea, sure, it looks cool, it looks awesome, BUT hands down, is ILLEGAL

every night that i drive, i see so many people, either driving with their god damn brights on, or driving with their stupid hid kits, that werent designed to be on that car.

Im sorry, but ive driven with regular halogen bulbs, in northern wisconsin, where there are NO street lights on their highway, and i can see perfectly fine.

I can understand if the damn car came with hid's, thats fine, but imo even those are annoying to look at. BUT at least those were designed by engineers, and not some ebay crap company. Their are reasons to have a cutoff line, and thats becuase of light scatter.

Sure, go ahead and point those lights down, NO MATTER WHAT, you are still going to blind other drivers. AND by aiming your headlights down, you are now cutting your visability down too, therefore defeating the whole purpose of your hid kit.

Unless your car came with the hid's on it already, from the factory, hid's have no business being on your car. The proper way to do it is swap an OEM housing, ballasts, and bulbs from the same car, so that its OEM, designed by the people that built your car, and is legal.

/rant

im sorry, but im so sick and tired of being blinded at night by people like this. its to the point where my eyes hurt for hours after driving, becuase of being blinded constantly when i drive...

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
For exapmple, this is a proper looking hid headlight throw, notice the SHARP cutoff, and how its LOWER on the left side than the right, thats to prevent blinding oncoming traffic

IMPROPER

notice how there is NO cutoff.. this means blinding other drivers, no matter how low you aim them

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
i'm running 10000ks and love them. No matter what anyone tells you, it's way better than stock. (light output wise)
and you sir, are mis-informed...

4100k will produce the most lumens, with a 10k kit, you are probably putting out as much light throw as a halogen bulb

·
Registered
386 Posts
If you cant afford the projectors ballasts and a retrofit then you cant afford HID headlights. Simple as that. I hate ricers and so do many other people on here. You are now known as ricers to doin S[:)][:)][:)] the cheap ass way and doin it half assed. Go get a civic or somethin ya cheap bastards

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ya so my 10k's put out the same a 4100k.. be glad i didnt get 4100-6k. and i cant afford projector ballast and a retrofit, however the pictures do show hid's.. also i have no speeding tickets, no ticket period and have lic. & insurance. Its call defensive driving and ill cont. to do so!!! Do you still own a focus? haha Call me what you will and have a nice day!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.