Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around for something to do to my car, and I saw this deal on ebay for 4 cabin air filters for 00-04 focus for $20 shipped. They usually run $10-$20 a piece, so this was a heck of a deal. I bought them and they arrived today. The install was pretty straightforward and simple. I've heard before of people having problems with water getting in the car from breaking the seal on the cover, but luckly for me this is not an issue. I'm guessing they made different versions of the cover because mine had no seal connecting it to the windshield, but it had a tray connected to the cover on the underside that channels all the water into the drainage area instead of letting it leak into the cabin air filter. Its a nice design. So anyone with an 00-04 focus can add a cabin air filter to their car, because it is there....Ford was just too cheap to actually put a filter in. This will greatly help with keeping dust and pollen out of the interior, especially this fall and winter when I'll be driving with the windows up most of the time.
Here's the how-to for it :http://www.myfordfocus.com/how-to/cabinfilter.htm
I took a few pics. Enjoy.

Here's the insert ford put in instead of a filter, it was quite dusty:

Here's the filter installed:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Lol, i remember when i changed mine out. It REALLY helped reduce cabin dust and for once i didn't have pollen spray all over my face when i turned the a/c on lol. The only downfall to all of it was that in the process of putting the cowel back on i amazingly lost 2 of the cowl pins (the little white push pins that hold the cowl to the car) somewhere in the engine bay...i think behind the fender cause it never fell to the floor.

But as time went by i got a few from a junker at a junk yard and now it's back to good as new lol

Also, like you I never had problem with the rain dripping into the inside of the car...not before removing the cowl (even when there wasn't any sort of seal on there) or after putting it back on.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I almost lost one of those little white cowel pins.
It had fallen down into my fender liner, but I was able to get it out.
It all went back together exactly how it was before, turned out perfect.

·
Leave it stock?
2,284 Posts
you guys are lucky with the earlier mods you don't have this huge ghetto box covering everything. i put one in today, i popped the screen out (its only like...rubbery/glued in) slid this filter paper type stuff they use in HVAC units, or that some people put in the floor register then shoved the screen back down lol, hey it works haha.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I went to go replace my filter about a week ago and there wasnt even one there. I thought that i was stupid and was looking in the wrong place. but i looked again today and its true. my car never came with that filter in it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts