Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I finally ordered filter and filter housing from Steve.
Followed this how-to: Link
There is one on FF too but i can't find it right now.
Hardest part was getting rid of all the foam.
I had filter paper there, which was someones idea from a while back. That worked well. 1 year has passed since I put that "filter" in.
This is what I've discovered today:

And I was wondering how come A/C is not blowing as hard as it used to...lol
Some install pics:
old "filter"

Old plastic box is out, foam is cleaned up

New Filter in:

·
Registered
71 Posts
When I first installed my cabin air filter (FIRST EVER) for the 2001, I took the plastic grate out, I could see deep down into all the air fans, found a few leaves, some mildew. I sprayed it down, now glad I got a cabin air filter and it should keep out more than the silly plastic guard which had 1 square inch grate openings.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think all 00-04 have at least the filter housing and 05-07 get that plastic thing in the first pic. not sure about 08-11.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Yep, known about this for a while, you can remove an earlier Foci's air filter holder and install it in the 05-07.

It looks like there was a mouse making a home in your cabin air screen.

Moved to First Gen Focus 00-07 Non-Performance discussions. Ford Focus Technical Chat is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Since you've been on here for over 1k posts, you might have some subliminal message of that exact wording because it's written right beside the forum title on the Discussion Forums page. Either that or maybe it entered your brain through osmosis when you scrolled past the exact same wording at the top of the Forum.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I put a paper filter in an 03 with the 1" square plastic "filter". Next time I have some flat filter material material that I will glue on top the plastic grid and just wash and reuse it.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Around $12 I think. The paper filter really doesn't fit that well....makes more sense to just glue some sheet type filter material over the plastic grid?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Around $12 I think. The paper filter really doesn't fit that well....makes more sense to just glue some sheet type filter material over the plastic grid?
So you're saying that the aftermarket replacement filter of $12 doesn't fit very well? Where did it come from auto zone or something?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, known about this for a while, you can remove an earlier Foci's air filter holder and install it in the 05-07.

It looks like there was a mouse making a home in your cabin air screen.

Moved to First Gen Focus 00-07 Non-Performance discussions. Ford Focus Technical Chat is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Since you've been on here for over 1k posts, you might have some subliminal message of that exact wording because it's written right beside the forum title on the Discussion Forums page. Either that or maybe it entered your brain through osmosis when you scrolled past the exact same wording at the top of the Forum.
Nope no mouse yet! but I've read on here someone did have a mouse in there.

Oh i see, I haven't posted anything since the forum changed.
Thanks for moving!

So you're saying that the aftermarket replacement filter of $12 doesn't fit very well? Where did it come from auto zone or something?
I got the filter from ford, it's motorcraft, fits pretty well. Although I thought it should fit together with the plastic grill in there. In any case 100 times better than what was there before [headbang]

·
Registered
35 Posts
Oh okay gotcha, it's got to be a little healthier riding around now too lol.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Think I got it thru Amazon. Had no rubber gasket. Fit well enough to filter though. I think a pleated filer is overkill...a simple pre-filter material as with an indoor air cleaner would do it. Even a piece of window screen glued on the plastic grid would do it.

·
Stuff about Florida
2,595 Posts
When I did this on my 01 I got a replacement filter from auto zone.

Fitment was decent, I just took out the plastic thing and had the filter in there, definitely made a difference.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts