Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i picked up a used AEM SRI off ebay and cleaned the filter and put it on last night. First thing I noticed is that if there is like 1/4 or more throttle it has this super loud whistle that sounds a lot like a squealing belt.... At first I thought it was semi-cool but then after driving for a few mins and seeing as how its intermittent depending on throttle position- it just sounds like my car has a loose belt!

The overall intake rush is much louder now (especially at WOT) but im kind of hoping there is something I can do to lessen this whistling so everyone dosnt think my car has the same sound affects of a 1980's lincoln with stock belts on it!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Mine definitely whistles but it's not that loud or noticeable, maybe check to make sure all your connections are tight.

·
Registered
738 Posts
dude that whistle is awsome. I love my Whistel. If u take a look at ur TB u will see a little hole at the bottom of ur butterfly valve, It is their so ur butterfly can close at idle and ur car still gets air. That litttle hole is the culprit.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i double checked everything and everything appears to be tight... Hopefully I will just get used to it!

·
Registered
549 Posts
my short ram does the same thing....they sell something that eliminates the hanging idle and helps he whistle.....lemme search for it

·
Registered
549 Posts

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I had that whistle until I switched to the FC TB. It went away after that, and I was pleased that it did. I thought it got pretty annoying.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmmm well I will have the SVT Salvage ported Stg II stock TB heading this way so maybe that will get rid of it...hopefully!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts