Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I recently installed an aftermarket Pioneer MVH1400NEX into my 2013 Focus SE professionally using the Scoche Double Din Dash Kit.

Long story short, about 2 weeks after the install, I came outside to my car being COMPLETELY dead. Needed a battery charger to jump the vehicle. Got the vehicle started and took it to my local AutoZone to test the battery and alternator, everything was good with both.

Few days later, car dies completely again. This has never happened in the year I've owned the car. Only after the radio was installed.

So to try and prevent the car from dying, I pulled both the SYNC fuse and the Radio fuse. (I had a feeling that the SYNC might be draining the battery trying to find the stock radio or something) but I put the radio fuse back in, and now the radio won't turn back on!

Im bringing the car back to the shop that did the work on Friday, but Im wondering if anyone here has had this issue or has any suggestions about where to start with this?

Im by no means knowledgeable on anything electrical so any insight is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Very likely, you are going to need someone knowledgeable enough to perform a "parasitic draw test." What will allow them to determine exactly what circuit is draining the battery when the car is turned off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts