Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Package came in today and installed them right away. Turns out pretty nice. 3000K w/Slim digital ballast. Tell me what you think:

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next project down the road is retrofit the fogs with projectors.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey mike your turn signals look blue at least on my phone they do lol
I have switchback LED turn signals. They're actually Pure white, when signal is on, they turn to amber.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
I love them, want to run a set someday.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Oooo, fancy. If I threw HIDs in some fogs, I'd have to stick with 5000K, so my entire front end matches!

Gotta match those halos!

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Got to have the 3000k help in the fog!
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oooo, fancy. If I threw HIDs in some fogs, I'd have to stick with 5000K, so my entire front end matches!

Gotta match those halos!
I wanted to do that but I got 3K

Got to have the 3000k help in the fog!
Posted via FF Mobile
You can actually use any Kelvin color under 6000K for fogs.

·
Registered
50 Posts
@ slammed 2.0

what do u mean any color under 6k? its not possible to put 12k+ in the fogs?!? if so why not?[chairfall] jees this blows i wanted purple fogs... and by any chance do you have a link to where you bought those switchback turn signals?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Yeah, actually I'd be down for picking up a set of those turn signals.

Also, I saw a set of halo/projector fogs somewhere online where the halo was tinted amber. If I kept my amber turn signals/parking lights, that might look pretty interesting. But we'll see!

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
@ slammed 2.0

what do u mean any color under 6k? its not possible to put 12k+ in the fogs?!? if so why not?[chairfall] jees this blows i wanted purple fogs... and by any chance do you have a link to where you bought those switchback turn signals?
The reason for the lower color temp in fog lights is to cut through the fog, a blue or purple light will bounce off the water molecules in the fog and blind you. A yellow to yellowish white is best to see with. if your only after looks then you can run whatever you want.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@ slammed 2.0

The kelvin color and light usage above 6000K is useless. The bluer the light becomes the more eye strain it becomes. This is why when you run an HID projector system, they recommend around 4300k-6000K.

As for Fogs, ST12131 is damn near the bulls eye, for fogs they are ment to see around 5-10 Ft in front of you during severe weather (seeing the markings on the road). This is why the color rating is very important, you want a kelvin color that puts out the most Lumen so you can see. The way fog lights are aimed are by a 4 degree decline from the height of your fogs. Fogs aren't suppose to be aimed facing straight foward as they can cause blindness to oncoming drivers. I got fogs to fill in the light between my front bumper and the bottom cutoff of my projectors and I choose 3000K because of the exotic color these bulbs put out.

I got the switchback LEDs at http://store.ijdmtoy.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=switchback

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is a perfect example of Switchback LEDs on a Corvette compared to Sylvania Bulbs.

On the video, they're using a different style of switchback than what I'm using. When they use the turn signal, their switchback turns amber then white (I believe they stop selling these). When I use my turn signals, they only illuminate Yellow and when turn signal is off, goes back to white.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Oh, didn't realize they were LEDs. So do you use a resistor and flasher unit?

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No flasher unit, just load resistors. They're $6 on their website. Its a necessity

BTW, I seen some switchback Halos somewhere floating on youtube...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts