Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The following document illustrates and describes the installation procedure for Massive Speed's "Dyno-Mite High Output Coil On Plug" on a 2006 Ford Focus Roush ZX3 - Duratec 2.0.
- ECU Reflasing is not required
- Installation Time: 30 minutes

Tools required for the installation:
a. 3/16" Hexagonal Wrench (Allen Wrench)
b. 1/4" Rachet
c. 1/4" Rachet Extension
d. 8mm Socket

The product:

Procedure:

For ease of installation remove cable retainers plus the right most plug connector as illustrated in the following pictures (it is a tight fit ergo the need to remove them)

Disconnect the sockets from each of the four plugs as illustrated:

Using the 1/4" Rachet, 1/4" extension and 8mm socket remove all four plugs.

Insert the new "High Output Coil on Plugs" with their respective bolts (provided) and tighten them using the 3/16" Hexagonal wrench (Allen wrench.)

Reconnect all four sockets to the plugs as well as the cable retainers, as illustrate:

THE END RESULT:

This product is available for US$264.00 (shipping included) from Massive Speed Systems (https://ssl.perfora.net/www.massivespeedsystem.com)

Note: This document is for illustration purposes and as an aid to other Focus (Duratec Engine) enthusiasts.
The main objective for this product is to produce a hotter and stronger spark ergo improving the cycles in the combustion chamber. Improved combustion = Improved engine performance.

G'day!

·
Registered
689 Posts
looks great nice write up , might not make a difference now but add FI and some good plugs and it might make a difference there , just glad to see some new mods coming for us duratec guys looks good might consider them myself.

·
Registered
759 Posts
The link in your write up is bad.

But your write up is good!

·
Registered
232 Posts
nice write up man and congratz on the buy but these have already been dyno proven to have little to no gains
Lets see this dyno graph / proof?

Who did this test?

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,167 Posts
haha you said ergo....twice!

and p.s. all the bolts on our cars are metric...(the coil bolt is an 8mm)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ERGO:

conj. Consequently; therefore.

adv. Consequently; hence.

Commonly used in the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth of Australia

I apologize for the confusion with inches and metric measures. The document has been revised.

G'day!

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Lets see this dyno graph / proof?

Who did this test?
Well, its pretty simple really; unless you're packing more fuel into the cylinder there's really no need for a bigger/hotter spark. You'll see a marginal improvement in fuel economy (maybe 1 MPG.) If you're running a track car with high compression (13:1+ CR) or a lot of boost these will help, but if you have a mostly stock engine with some bolt-ons you'd be better off spending that $260 on something else.

·
FF God of South FL
2,417 Posts
Great write up needs to be added to the how to thread

any noticeable diffrence

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cosworth's modified cylinder head with larger intake and exhaust ports, reshaped combustion chamber, heavy duty valve springs, Cosworth's forged connecting rods, Cosworth's forged pistons, level 3 camshafts and high flow fuel injectors is COMING SOON... Patience.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
were there pics? i cant see any? hmm.

yes, and strung did these. he found there to be no gains, recommended against buying them, to put money elsewhere, like cams, etc. I dont know either way, just backing up Cruzstyle's comment. but if you are gonna do all that other stuff from Cosworth anyways, then why the heck not put those babies on!!

i DO think they look sweet though (the ones I saw on Strung's)!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Well, its pretty simple really; unless you're packing more fuel into the cylinder there's really no need for a bigger/hotter spark. You'll see a marginal improvement in fuel economy (maybe 1 MPG.) If you're running a track car with high compression (13:1+ CR) or a lot of boost these will help, but if you have a mostly stock engine with some bolt-ons you'd be better off spending that $260 on something else.
High output ignition systems do almost nothing unless you switch to non-resistor plugs. Resistors in spark plugs are huge (5k-10k ohms I believe).... high output plug wires, coils, etc... they all slow right down at the plug.

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
nice write up1 but im one of those people that are waiting for numbers , and will not be buying this product till i go f/i and that might be a while. lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts