Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am soon to install fog lights into my 08 SE. I was wondering how to go about installing OEM style fog lights. Thank you in advance.

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
x2 on this, anyone have a how to guide on the site?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
The OEM kit is 240ish from Tousley, I believe the kit on ebay for 150ish s the same thing. You will need:

2-mounting brackets
2-foglights
2-bulbs
and all that fancy jazz, I believe the kit comes with the switch you need, and I think that the wiring is already in the car. If it isnt it wont be to hard to put it in there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The OEM kit is 240ish from Tousley, I believe the kit on ebay for 150ish s the same thing. You will need:

2-mounting brackets
2-foglights
2-bulbs
and all that fancy jazz, I believe the kit comes with the switch you need, and I think that the wiring is already in the car. If it isnt it wont be to hard to put it in there.
Thanks for the help. I was looking at a $150 kit off ebay. Anyone have any problems with ebay ones?

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts

Just got mine in today, within the week they will be installed!

WOOT

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
e-Bay, got em for $157 and $12 shipping, came in TWO days, AWESOME!

·
FOCUS REVOLUTION
2,872 Posts
I just ordered the same set they are coming today
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
I was looking at a very similar set. Tell me how it goes.
Will do, looks like either Thursday night or Friday night I will be [wrenchin]

So I will take pictures and possibly make a how to if I remember to take pics along the way. [:)~]

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
What, I would be putting them in today. Why wait for this, when you can procrastinate something else to get this done? Haha.

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
More like I set up an install meet and a few other sets of hands are coming to help out.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Please do a write up. I want to do this also

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Somewhere down the line I'd like to do this as well, but since I have a manual transmission, I can't just drill through the firewall where the clutch would be...since it's there...and I need it.

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
Somewhere down the line I'd like to do this as well, but since I have a manual transmission, I can't just drill through the firewall where the clutch would be...since it's there...and I need it.
There is another spot to go through though. And I will be posting THAT one up (in an addition to the auto write up) as I have a manual trans as well. [driving]

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
In that case, I shall be eagerly awaiting that write up! [popcorn]

·
Registered
495 Posts
The kit comes with a very detailed book of installation instructions [:)]

e-Bay, got em for $157 and $12 shipping, came in TWO days, AWESOME!
I got mine off eBay also, but I played "let's make a deal" and made an offer to the seller ... ended up getting the kit for $145 + $12 shipping, so $157 total [:)]

Then I had a tech from work install it for me, and he skipped the step of bending the tab in the multi-function switch so now I can have the high beams ON with the fogs [;)]

Also, it took him about 2 hours I think .... putting the car up in the air on a lift definitely helped, as running the harness can be a pain.

But I use mine everyday, and love having them [:)]

Also, I painted the fog light bezels to match [;)] :

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
So how bout that write up? Lol.

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
Ok went and tried to install yesterday, and let me start by saying, THAT INSTALLATION BOOK IS CRAP! I wired it EXACTLY as the instructions said and they aren't working. The pictures in the book are of no help and there are no worded instructions to tell you what exactly to do. It's like an Ikea instruction booklet. Half the time we were debating on what the picture was trying to tell us to do.

So after 3 hours of troubleshooting and internet searching no good, still nothing. So now I have a set of fogs installed correctly that aren't getting power because of something that we haven't figured out yet. We back tracked all the lines, went through the "instructions" over and over to try and figure it out and nothing.

The only thing that we think might be is an orange/white wire that goes into slot 6 might be wrong IN THE BOOKLET, once I figure it out you bet there will be a how to. And the first step is burn that book!

Seriously that book is junk.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts