Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just ordered the Focus central ORP and the MIL eleminator(?) and was wondering about the install of these. How hard is it to install the ORP? The cat unbolts from the stock exhaust manifold right?

Sorry if this sounds stupid but its early in the morning I'm at work and I am TIRED.[8][|)]

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Unbolt stock cat and flex, and re-install in place of cat. MIL eliminator just snaps in place of the second 02 sensor and there you go. More than likely, you'll snap the bolts on the cat and the flex. I have never personally installed the ORP, but did it come with the gaskets and new bolts?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had just ordered it a few days ago so hopfully I have it inabout a week to see if it comes with new bolts. I really hope it comes with new bolts cause after my experience from installing my exhaust rusted bolts suck ASS. I'm hoping that the install goes much smoother than installing my exhaust. Thanks waterboy.

P.S- I may need some moral support when I go to install the ORP. LOL[B)] [?|] [?|] [B)] [8]

·
Registered
41 Posts
ok...well I just installed my ORP last night...and holy crap it was freakin' easy...any questions just ask...I can definately help...

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah waterboy I just got my ORP and mil elimenator yesturday and it did come with a new gasket and bolts. Hopfully when I have some time off from work I'll have it installed in no time.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I must have the worst luck with rusted bolts, so I go out and try to install the ORP. At first it was going smoothly I got the heat shield and EGR tube off with out any big problems. I move to the collector that connects the stock header to the cat and spray the bolts with wd40 wait a fe minutes and go to loosen them up, and they break lose fairly easily. So once finished with that I jack the car so I can get under the car, I get one of the bolts on the bracket that holds the cat pipe up to come lose but then I run into the first problem, as I try to break the second bolt lose I managed to snap the head of the bolt off. I was thinking "hey no big deal", then I go onto trying to remove the bolts off the flex pipe. I repeat the steps of spraying some wd40 on them hoping that this will help cause when I look at the bolts they were really really rusted. I get the wrench out and I try to break the bolt lose but the damn thing wont even budge, I try again and once agian the bolt wont budge.

To make a long story short, I ended up rounding off one of the bolts and didn't even try to get the other bolt lose. Atleast now I can get a new flex pipe, cause the bolts on my exhaust are not rusted and probaly be so much easier to install.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts