Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I'm owner of a bmax tdci 95 hp. I made the mistake to buy this car without cruise control cause it had long waiting queue. I wanted it desperately and I bought a fiesta steering wheel ,removed the buttons of cruise control and I installed it on the bmax. I went to the official dealer to enable it but the cruise control checkbox was greyed out on Ford official program.. :( Any solution of how to enable it ??

Στάλθηκε από το BLA-L29 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts
You can use forscan to enable it ....
My fiesta 2015 came with no cruise control, went to my mechanic who installed the cruise control module plus wiring and changed the steering bezel, enable it using forscan .... now I have cruise control and it works perfectly

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can use forscan to enable it ....
My fiesta 2015 came with no cruise control, went to my mechanic who installed the cruise control module plus wiring and changed the steering bezel, enable it using forscan .... now I have cruise control and it works perfectly

Thank you very much for the advice I did some research and I need to buy this extra cable + the program since no one in my place has forscan...
Do you have any experience with forscan I mean can you learn which values did your mechanic changed in the program because fiesta and bmax are identical cars ..

·
Registered
175 Posts
Forscan is free to download from forscan.org
You only need an OBDII cable that has HS and MS canbus capabilities such as obdlink sx (usb version), or obdlink mx (bluetooth / wifi version)
Use the extended lisence for forscan to enable writing and changing the values in the main configuration module, be sure to select engineering mode in the upper left corner

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great advice thank you ! can you suggest me a verified working adapter that support writing on ecu maybe some link from eBay ..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All right !! Stay in touch I will surely need your help ! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is my connection type. Do I need this ms-can

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for the information after some research on this forum I purchased this adapter htt*s://w*w.lpg.auto.pl/en/index.php?s=info&id=2718
That as advertised it support many protocols.

I will let you know how it goes

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello I have the cable but it shows no cruise control as an option ... which one is the right one?

·
Registered
175 Posts
That's correct .... click on the IPC, then click the play button at bottom left, forscan will tell you to turn off ignition, and then it will read the contents of ipc block. Change the mode at the top left to engineering1 or engineering2 , then you can see the option cruise control

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It worked!!! You are a life saviour. If you ever come to Greece I own u a beer!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts