Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i wanted to know if there is a possability to fit a aem sri for a svt on a zetec, i have in my room just sitting there and i dont have a intake on my car, and i wanted to know if i could modify it to fit any ideas reconmendations

thanks in advance

jp

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
only way to fit it would be custom, and i just think it would be too much work. you are prob better off just selling it.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
the svt tb sits at a different location, thus the piping is shorter on the svt. so you would need to make a longer pipe. if you tried to attach it right now, the intake prolly wouldn't go past the head!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea im tryin to sell it but no buyers, so i dunno thats why i was thinkin on some how modyfing it . what do you think of a long cone filter witht the intake

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Grab it, walk outside and open your hood, hold it in close proximity to your throttle body. Do you see now why it won't work well?

The bend just won't fit past anything so you'd basically have to make some kind of adapter tube from your TB to the SVT short ram. Not that it can't be done, but your still working with a small radius bend which really isn't that great for flow in the first place.

·
The Godfather
4,405 Posts
Its AEM, the cost of shipping is more than the intake. I would cut my losses and use it as a paper weight and get a proper Zetec cai.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts