Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go to get my 2003 Spi focus inspected and i haven't touched the engine. It fails because it is reporting five of the sensors not ready.

The sensors are.

Catalyst
Evap
o2 Sens
o2 Sens Htr
EGR sys

I haven't taken the battery cable loose or added any parts to the car. The battery hasn't gone dead.

Anyone have any Idea what the problem is or have you seen anything simular?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Im lost, u say u have a SPI but on the side it says "what i drive" is a ZTS which has a Zetec in it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man just saw the owners Lounge. I probably should have posted there so i guess you can delete this one and I will make a new post.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Actually you will get better response from the Technical chat forum I will move this there.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Do you have a CEL on ?

If those sensors weren't working, you would have some drivability issues.

·
Registered
157 Posts
If you don't have a CEL on, then I think what they are telling you is that those particular OBDII Monitors have not yet completed (i.e., they are Inspection/Maintenance Readiness (I/M readiness tests.) Every one of the things you listed is a Non-Continuous monitor, and each one requires you to successfully complete a special trip or drive cycle (with specific characteristics) in order to complete the test. It took me a LONG time to successfully complete the Evap test.

The monitors get set back to "not ready" status if you clear your codes. Are you sure you or perhaps Autozone haven't cleared the codes recently? Are you sure the inspectors didn't accidentally (or maybe not) clear the codes?

·
Registered
2 Posts
just my 2cents,, I had the same problem with my 03 ZX3.. being I could not get it inspected, I took it two different dealerships.. they could not figure it out,, the second dealership found out from Ford, they have been having the same problem with some trucks, and other ford cars.. but only a few reported problems with the Focus.. My car had 37k miles so out of the 36k miles warranty... they said they would fix if under warranty, but since not I would have to pay for any repaires.. Here in NC since we have smog testing where I am located.. DMV required me to attempt to have the car insected 3 times, and then issued a exempt smog paperwork so I could get a inspection done.. I have had no problems with my car till this year,, unlike some others,,,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts