Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an aftermarket radio installed on my 2012 ford focus se sedan, when they install it, it came with the aftermarket casing with the lock and hazards buttons. Both buttons work but every time I hit the lock button it only locks and honks twice as if I was hit the lock button on the key fob. There are also 3 wires behind the lock button that arent hooked up, I dont know if they should be hooked up or not. It also locks and honks twice when ever you take off. I know the it should lock, but it shouldnt honk. If someone could help me I would very much appreciate it. I can get pic of wirse later when I get home.

·
Registered
2013 Focus SE gray 5 spd hatch
1,740 Posts
Find a wiring schematic for your year Focus and see what wires they are. It sounds like someone screwed up the installation to me. Also, call the manufacturer of the aftermarket dash bezel and see if you can get install instructions for it. You might have to take the bezel out to find the manufacturer part # on the backside of it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Find a wiring schematic for your year Focus and see what wires they are. It sounds like someone screwed up the installation to me. Also, call the manufacturer of the aftermarket dash bezel and see if you can get install instructions for it. You might have to take the bezel out to find the manufacturer part # on the backside of it.
Thanks I will give that a try.

·
Registered
2013 Focus SE gray 5 spd hatch
1,740 Posts
The different bezels should be easy to identify by the look as well. Metra and Scosche are the two more popular brands. Look on their websites or call them and send them a pic to identify the one that you have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts