Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally google decided to accept my video lol, here's my first video i made using my inside camera mount. nothing fancy or crazy driving yet. just driving in the rain. can't wait to start autoXing again....

> > Clicky for Video < <

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i could just tell ya to go look at my gallery but where's the fun in that?

here it is and it only cost about $6.00 for materials

G

·
What is that background noise?? Sounds like a spray paint can ball rattling? Loose lug nut sound...

Also you have an aftermarket clutch/flywheel? Shifter? Makes an interesting sound I have never heard before when shifting.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the first sound was of the rain drops hitting my car and my camera. it swings out and rotates but that part was a little loose(need to jab something in to to keep it from rattling). other then that it's pretty damn solid. that other noise was my wet shoe sliding on my clutch pedal [;)] lmfao

·
Registered
254 Posts
One question, one comment

Question - if you don't mind answering, what sort of camera and storage media are you using? That was a nice length of video

Comment - great set-up and view out the front. My only suggestion would be to raise the camera up a bit higher - only because it might give a better perspective of the road and better angle of view out the windshield. Maybe this isn't possible - only suggesting to further improve on your awesome set up so far - really looks great!

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
yup he's in Ohio......damn near 2 weeks straight of rain [?|]

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i am using a sony dsc-m1 with a 512 memory stick pro duo (soon-to-be 2gb hehehe) it takes amazing video along with 5.1mp pictures. mine will hold up to 30 minutes of mp4 640x480 @ 30 fps! all sonys that i know of use the 1/4" thread for mounting along with a lot of other brands. yeah thanks on your comment, i been thinking that same thing to raise it up a little bit more and get a better view of the road. i'm thinking all i have to do is just raise up the headrest a little lol easy fix there.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lildisco said:
yup he's in Ohio......damn near 2 weeks straight of rain [?|]
i took that video last month or the month before.... but yeah sucks with the rain the last couple weeks [?|] i'm 30 miles west of you

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
LOL i live in Oberlin, Not Cleveland but everyone knows Cleveland and not Oberlin.....LOL

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lmao i'm in elyria ( most people can't even pronounce it let alone know where it's at), i always just say 30 miles west of cleveland...

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
dude i've never seen you rolling around e-town. Me and the fiance are usually in at midway at Fazoli's or Giant Eagle. Holly crap i didn't realize you were so close. Me and YellowZX3 (Chris) are from this area. He works at the RadioShack over by ToysRus and i work in Oberlin for the cable company.

So crazy, i think i might have seen you at night a few times. Let me look at that video again and figure out where you're at. Kinda looked like you were over by LCCC......

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
LMAO Yes i was right....it's that road you can take that's about a block away from LCCC and you end out by route 57/113 and Elyria Cathlic. Holly crap, I can't believe we haven't meet earlier! And your AutoX vid is film at LCCC.....geez i thought that the college looked fimiliar....[8]

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Nice setup OrangeSVTguy.
Where'd ya get the idea? [;)]
I knew I should have patented that. [:D]

BTW, I think that's the first installation I've seen done on the Euro-Recaros.
Nice! [thumb]

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I do not know. just popped into my head one day [paranoid] [;)]

lol i actually had the idea last year when i seen somebody at the autox event and they did the same setup, except with a tripod and a LOT of duct tape[hihi] [rofl] i actually thought about other ideas and places. i can actually just flip the bar around and move the seat up just a little and have a nice out-of-the-car view. just watched your videos not too long ago and was inspired to do what you did and how it worked so good. that and mine doesn't have a "spear" on the one end too lol.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lildisco said:
LMAO Yes i was right....it's that road you can take that's about a block away from LCCC and you end out by route 57/113 and Elyria Cathlic. Holly crap, I can't believe we haven't meet earlier! And your AutoX vid is film at LCCC.....geez i thought that the college looked fimiliar....[8]
yep that gulf road and that road is SO much better under dry conditions [;)]

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
I've been wanting to test that road, but with my track record, there'd be a popo sitting at the end waiting for me.......

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yep you gotta watch it. there is a few locations where they sit... i got pulled over for speeding the night i got my cai installed. but he let me go with a warning (for the first time in my life!)

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
OrangeSVTguy said:
that and mine doesn't have a "spear" on the one end too lol.
LOL!!
That "spear" has been gone for a long time.
I used rubber MTB (Mountain Bike) bar-end plugs in both ends of the tube.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.