Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My input shaft bearing is making noise and im a little concerned about letting ford take care of it, how different is the job from the standard 5-speed focus? I heard its a pretty labor intensive job.

Also, is there a tsb out for this, it seems pretty odd that mine would be on its way at only 15K miles. ..one more question, what causes the bearing to fail?

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
The only TSB for it is for the clutch.
It mentions to check the input shaft during the inspection.
See here: (in the "How To" and "Information" sticky thread at the top of these forums)
Clutch TSB: 4-21-19

And...you won't like this...
There's no serviceable parts in the Getrag.
It's entirely and R&R of the whole tranny if there's a problem. [:(]
Though as time goes by we're all hoping that will change, but I haven't heard of anything yet.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh wow, so ford will put in a new transmission if the damn bearing is shot?.. yikes! As long as they wont hassle me i dont have a problem with that.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
I got a new one at 11,9XX miles...Worn splines on the input shaft.
They were replacing the clutch/flywheel under the TSB, inspected the splines, and voila...new tranny. [:D]

Finding a Dealer that's willing to "go to bat for you" so to speak, is 80% of the battle.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just from talking with the service guy i got the impression he is willing to help, but i'll see tomorrow, hooray for a free loaner car [:D]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts