Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Adam
2,303 Posts
Black drums. Or gray as a repaint. Painted drum brakes look bad.

Calipers go nuts. But I'd go silver (to match car) or black.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Have a 07 ford focus seeing what your guys thoughts on color for calipers and drums
Convert the rear drums to disc, then paint them.

Painting drums is kinda ricey.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I agree with them. Just paint the drums black, and paint the calipers Silver

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was thinking of painting them all black........ And noticed u got 4-1 headers I just ordered mine from fsworks how u like it I have a cat back as it is now with steeda intake but once I get the headers I'm also putting performance cats so I was just wondering how much difference it bad

·
Registered
739 Posts
Paint them all black. Black for the drums because then they aren't as obvious and black for the calipers because then it hides all the brake dust.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I dont run a cat. I run the 4-1 header into 2.5" pipe back to the 18" glass pack. It then goes back to the muffler that is just infront of the rear suspension, then runs 3" from the muffler back to a 4 inch tip.

·
Breathing. Alive?
3,108 Posts
Yellow. Always look good against black and isn't as cliche as red. If you want subtle but still some color, a dark blue is the way to go. Forget what these guys say, do the drums too! haha

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
There is some wisdom in saying "do what you want, its your car", but keep in mind that the overwhelming majority of automotive-enthusiasts are going to judge you by the modifications you make to your car.

Threfore, unless you want to get laughed at by prettymuch everybody, I highly suggest that you keep your drums painted flat black, and your rotors painted silver.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Whatever color you paint them, don't paint them a neon color, like the neon yellow somebody decided to paint the calipers and drums on my car sometime before I bought the car. That will be fixed next year, hopefully :).

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Paint them all black. Black for the drums because then they aren't as obvious and black for the calipers because then it hides all the brake dust.
This^^^^^^^ semi gloss black, is what I used. Don;t use those crappy caliper covers either.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I highly suggest that you keep your drums painted flat black, and your rotors painted silver.
Can I have silver rotors too? I've always wanted some. Lol, but in all seriousness, I like the way my silver calipers look through my orange wheels on a silver car. Even though the orange wheels are steelies with very small openings, I still like the silver behind them.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Get a set of zinc coated rotors & your golden!!!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Is there anything to be wary of when painting drums and calipers? I wanted to hit mine with some black just to keep a cleaner look and hide the brake dust, since my 5 spokes make it easy to see them.
Not to jack a thread or anything...

·
Registered
658 Posts
Just clean them up good before you shoot them. Also dont get paint on your rotors. It will causing braking issues and also stink as the remaining paint melts. That's if you get it on the rotors.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Is there anything to be wary of when painting drums and calipers? I wanted to hit mine with some black just to keep a cleaner look and hide the brake dust, since my 5 spokes make it easy to see them.
Don't get paint on the pads/rotors & take your time & use semi gloss black only. No reds w/ a Brembo stickers for you.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Don't get paint on the pads/rotors & take your time & use semi gloss black only. No reds w/ a Brembo stickers for you.
What's wrong with brembo stickers on your calipers? Haha j/k

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hit them with some brake cleaner, scrub them with a wire brush, and then hit them with more brake cleaner, and then wipe them with a rag then you can finish up by painting them. That's the best prep I've found in my person experience. I've used sandpaper in cases of really bad rust as well.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
What's wrong with brembo stickers on your calipers? Haha j/k
super bright red w/ big brembos stickers on the calipers!!!!

·
Registered
658 Posts
super bright red w/ big brembos stickers on the calipers!!!!
Dont waste the stickers man, just get the things that slide over the caliper. They are bigger and say Brembo....HAHA. I really hope no one is taking us seriousily.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts