Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Positive input please!

heres the deal, i want a fast car, but i can't purchase on(4k negative equity and the foci)
so my plan is to swap the engine with (hopefully) a 3.0L V6 and turob dat sumbish, i'm looking at an initial cost of about 7.5 to 8k (the convo alone is only 4k) do you think thats worth it considering my option of buying a new car, especially consider my low range performance vehicles start in the 20k area, unless you own a honda that is........

just tell me people, do you think it's worth it, 4k for over 100 hp at crank. do you think thats worth it?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
its gonna take some time and a lot of fabrication to stuff that v6 in there. if you have the money, the patience, the time, and dont mind riskin f***in up a car i say go for it.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
see thats the deal i know someone who can do it, and has down it before i know it can be done, thats the price he quoted me, is it worht it in the opinion of the community

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
AARG!!!!

Tetsuo, dont post this question in the SPI forum or Tin will rip you to peices!

I say go for it the shock quality of seeing a V6 in a foci will be worth it and then you will have the power too!

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
focusin said:
AARG!!!!

Tetsuo, dont post this question in the SPI forum or Tin will rip you to peices!

I say go for it the shock quality of seeing a V6 in a foci will be worth it and then you will have the power too!
why the fudge do you think i posted here, hell i would have posted in the technical forums but they'd probably trhow a fit cause it's not 4-banger related.........

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok here's the stats,

price quotes from focus salvage are,

V6 2.5L (from a early model contour, or mercury cougar) runs 3 to 3.5 k installed,
and the V6 2.5L puts out about 175 at crank,

V6 3.0L (from a 01 and up taurus/tribute) runs 4 to 4.5k installed, and from the research i did on the taurus, and tribute, it puts ot 210 to 220 at crank

not bad for a former spi don't you think?

·
Registered
302 Posts
you know what? while your at it, just drop a Big block in there.

im sure you can figure it out.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Same thing I was thinking archie. If your going to do it swap it to a V8. Imagine the looks you'll get when you start that thing up.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
to much money, kugel is the only place i know of that sells the conversion kit, and from them it costs a good 7k! just for the conversion kit! not to mention buying the enigne(which i would have to go crate, just to get everything and have an engine under warranty) and then there' installation, there is no freakin way a could do it by myself

ford's crate engine with ecu and wiring harness, last time i check costs, 4k+

plus kugels 7k+ convo kit

and say a good 5 to 8K for install, and you have your self a very exspensive focus

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i've already studied my options thoroughly asnd even if i bought salvage, cheap parts used engine, and "somehow" learned how to and did all the labor myself, i would still spend somewhere between 7k to 11k, thats just to much for a v8 in my book, sorry

and without all those cost saving measures, i would waste a good 17 to 20k on the convo

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea i've talked with them before, they purchase there parts from kugel, you know if i could get a consumer loan for like 30k i would have a pair of V8 foci very soon,

but right were talking about B6 foci and the worthiness of it

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I didn't know that. B6, is that a honda engine or somthing ?? :) If you have the money for the V-6 then go ahead and do it, but what are the mod options for it?

·
Registered
302 Posts
id say save up, and buy an already turbocharged V6.

or better yet, look REAL HARD and find an old engine from a mid 90's thunderbird Supercoup...'

275 hp supercharged v6 would be really mean in your focus..

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
that wasa i typo, i meant v8, heck no i dare not mention dropping a ricer engine in a focus after that dibacle, with me asking about a wether it would be a good idea to drop and Vtec V6, or an Hs22a into the foci, you gott admit tho, a 200hp 4banger is tempting, especially when you can get it done for less than 1500 installed.

the mod options are pretty much same as a focus, turboing would be a bit difficult, and i found out that cougar turbos are god awfully expensive

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
the only problem with the honda conversions is they have no torque. if you want a 200+hp 4 banger you can go with a marcymotorsport build. with that its n/a and you have the torque to match it.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i know, i didn;t even do it, i just posted about it, got smoked like a blunt, dunno why i kinda like honda's, more so than the rest freakin toyo japtastic nisso mitsu love pos's that i deal with

1 - 20 of 32 Posts