Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inner purge valve sticking causing fuel tank to compress?!??

I drive a 2013 focus se 2.0L... Engine light came on this morn took it to the dealership this afternoon.. Told me inter purge valve is sticking causing fuel tank to be sucker in.. I looked at tank when I got it home and it is noticeably being sucked in.. Gave me a 600 dollar quote... Can this be fixed at home I'm fairly mechanically inclined..

·
Registered
216 Posts
Does that $600 include fixing your tank? When I had the purge valve, stuck closed, on my old '10 Fusion SEL replaced, I was out the door for $230.40 from the dealer parts and labor. Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fixed it in 40mins part cost 90 dollars from dealership... If anyone has questions feel free to ask... I save a total of 480 dollars doing it myself... Thanks everyone

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Did the original quote include any work on the tank?

How does it look now? Check it to see if it will possibly be a small enough problem to pop out again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tank has gone back to normal after going to the grocery store and back.. Im glad I caught it quickly!!

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Wow

At that in-between cost figure (too much for a valve replacement, too little to replace tank/components), I would have expected it to include some work on the tank area to knock it out again.

Good deal that it was caught in time/you got lucky on it popping out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts