Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Which intake?

• Mac short ram

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Injen (one with the metal box over the bottom half of the stock air filter box

Votes: 2 40.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have a MAC SRI and no problems thus far. I think its best feature is the sound, it really gives you that deep "growl" during fast acceleration. In fact, my friend thought I had an exhaust, I told him, it is just my intake, lol

Build quality is good, not great. The couplers are a little flexible, however, it uses a stand to keep the intake in place. The downfall is that the air filter is really close to the hood. I never had any issues with heat-soak, however, there is a slight difference is throttle response during the summer due to less denser air. It is affordable and for the price, it is an awesome intake

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Mac makes good stuff, the injen is basically just the same thing with a lid...Go with whichever one you like the looks of. They are prolly going to make the same improvements.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I got the INJEN and like it alot....has a great sound,the polished blue looks good on my silver ZX3 and in combination with my exhaust,makes good gains from 3500 rpm to redline.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
An SRI is an SRI...you're not going to see significant gains between brands, just like shorty 4-1 headers; its the same thing with a different brand sticker slapped on.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
There was one on focaljet a while back and I believe it is on here as well. Try searching the how-to section. I can't remember where it is right now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts