Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought a AF Dynamic intake off ebay and it's literally a copy and paste of the K&N for half the price. I've handled a K&N intake for an evo and it feels to be of equal quality of the real deal, I was impressed by the quality of the finish and construction. The instructions are crap mostly because they photocopied the K&N instructions in black and white then scanned them and then printed them off again to put in the box so you can't see shit, but just look up the ones on the K&N intake.
Do the snorkle delete and possibly the mustang TB at the same time and you will do well for a low cost improvement.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
There enlies the key to their dyno graphs (see the bold in your quote).....

It's a bit slight of hand, and a bit cheeky, but no intake is giving to give you that kind of power. Mighty Car Mods mythbusted intakes and filters. They were able to make power with a custom intake, but only in the range of about 4 hp....and I won't spoil what they did to get it. But I'll reiterate what everyone's been saying, cold air intakes do nothing for power. 15hp is a pipe dream. Your money would be better spent on a tune.

https://youtu.be/gCi2yo4UqPI

Sent from my SM-G955W using FF Mobile
FF Members own dynos back up the gains..take a look at the stickied dyno thread and focaljet has a lot of early dynos of intakes in various combos..this engine is high compression and seems to be very sensitive to air delivery mods, some motors do not get very large gains I have had them, this one seems to really like them.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts