Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the bit I needed to take the MAF off and installed my intake tonight after work.

Here's pics-

At some point this weekend I'll tackle moving some wires around, and maybe figure out a new fitment option for the TB.

My thoughts on the system-
-It was for Zetec MTX only, so fitment was a little off from my ATX SPI, but with some elbow grease it fits fine which is what i expected
-sounds really nice, smooth sporty, etc.
-makes it sounds like i have exhuast work done too, weird...
-maybe i'm just so excited to have it on but i felt a preformance upgrade, i feel better acceleration
-if you can make things fit I suggest you get this, not bad looking and it works very very well.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Congrats man, your the second person I have seen with that intake.

I know how the SRI sounds and I love it too.

Jon

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, and if you notice, I got a little anxious in the second picture. I had to take the dip stick out to get a better handle on the TB and forgot to put it back in, I started revving and oil shot all over my engine!!!

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
hahaha

Its been so long since I looked at the SPI motor I forgot where the dipstick was on that car. LOL

So did you manage to get it all off?

·
Registered
759 Posts
If nothing else those INJEN intakes are pretty

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
You know the one thing I REALY like about that intake is the no need to redo your PCV valve it just sits right where its supposed to be.

A link of where you bought it and price would be nice I will add it to the goodies list.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got it on Ebay from here http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbigjerm1369 but he only had one in blue and one in red. It was $175 "buy it now or best offer" I offered $100 he counter offered $140 plus 25 shipping, totalling $165 shipped to me in 2 days.

sadly it looks like he sold the red one too... :( sorry guys.

however I just did and ebay search for "injen focus" and found another red one item # 110000888616

and no i didnt get to clean it all off yet... I'm probly going to be painting my valve cover since Keystone Powdercoating stopped emailing me back... I finally tell them I'm ready to pay for it and they don't answer me. but what I was getting at I'll take my valve cover off and clean it throuroughly at my next oil change, and I'll get down and dirty and detail the engine bay.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looking at these pics, I'm going to mod the bottom of my stock intake box. I'm going to take a demerel(sp?) to it and cut most of the side off it for some more air, and the drill a hole through it somewhere and run a hose up like the "HRW Intake" and while I'm at it I'll make the cut down in front of the snorkle. maybe I can make a custom scoopy thing out of thin sheet metal that the air can swoop up and into the snorkle better too.

this is me just throwing these thoughts out there... hopefully they will actually work out for me.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Very nice fitting.And it still take cold air from the original inlet.Good looking too.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
swimmerdude123 said:
looks tight! I was never sure but do you think it'd fit the 16V ATX zetec? looks like it sits pretty good in the spi!
item description said for MTX Zetec only.

I would assume it would fit your car too. it took me a long time to get it to sit right.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts