Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
standard injectors are supposed to be 19lbs for a focus correct? I was looking into injector sizes and i found the grey injectors are `14's? would it hurt to put mustang 19lb injectors?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
why would you want to do that if the stock injectors are the same size? get some 60 pounders, there easier to tune with

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well my wondering is that i may have bad injectors bc #4 cly is running rough and the plug is wet as if its getting to much fuel. i have a couple sets of mustang 19# injectors but i was looking up the different injector colors and it says gray(the ones installed on my car) are 14# inj. the ones i have from mustang are orange tops and 19#'s is there a problem using the mustang ones?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
oh, i always heard that stock was 19#, i just heard that from some people. im sure you could get them to work. i know some injectors have to have an adapter to work.

come to think about it i have cel's that say either cyl#1 or #4 misfires. maybe this is similar to your prob. i have changed everything i can think of except injectors and ignition coil.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya same here...except im not getting any codes...but i can feel its not running right its verry rough feeling

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
stock injectors are 19 lbs/hr.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i changed to the mustang injectors its better but #4 is still not right....i pulled #4 wire and it cranked right up. i pulled number 2 and 3 and it wouldnt crank with just 1 and 4. i pulled #1 it cranked but ran really rough.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Seafoam

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i think i have a coil problem or maybe a valve problem. im going to test my coil and do a leak down test this weekend

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
seafoam? by the way have you disabled your egr? that can make your car run crappy at mid rpm's at anything less than WOT

1 - 13 of 13 Posts