Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to get the SCT tune but then iv heard from a couple of different people now that they are having problems with them. So why pay $70 more for problems? But anyway Injected offers 87/93/e85 octane tunes correct? If so does their programmer hold all of the tunes at once or would i have to add a new one on the programmer every time i want to change the tunes?

·
Registered
533 Posts
The programmer holds several tunes at once and you can let them know which ones you want. I have Stock, 87, 91 (California) and the 1500 rpm for intake cleaning. Aric even worked with me on a modification of the idle to stop the stupid RPM climb as you release the clutch. Great product.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Iv heard about it messing with the TCM? And then iv heard that SCT cant get the tune right and the cars is worse now than what it was stock. Iv never tuned any vehicle before and i would like my car be unharmed by me tuning it

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
You were misinformed , I have not had or seen anyone have any TCM issues related to a SCT tune

SCT does not do tuning , they sell the flasher and the tuning software to tuners like my self and I make full custom tunes

Tom

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
The programmer holds several tunes at once and you can let them know which ones you want. I have Stock, 87, 91 (California) and the 1500 rpm for intake cleaning. Aric even worked with me on a modification of the idle to stop the stupid RPM climb as you release the clutch. Great product.
totally off subject but how often to you do the intake cleaning and what process do you use for it?

·
Registered
533 Posts
totally off subject but how often to you do the intake cleaning and what process do you use for it?
The tune holds the engine at 1500 rpm so you can use a product such as seafoam or the like to clean the carbon out of the intake and/or off the valves. I tried it once with the CRC intake valve cleaning product at about 60K miles or so. I am not convinced how necessary this process is in the case of our cars but I tried it because I got a free sample from CRC.
I sprayed it in one of the PCV hoses in the rubber intake tube after the MAF. I don't know if it helped or not but, I did it. [goofydrunk]

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
The tune holds the engine at 1500 rpm so you can use a product such as seafoam or the like to clean the carbon out of the intake and/or off the valves. I tried it once with the CRC intake valve cleaning product at about 60K miles or so. I am not convinced how necessary this process is in the case of our cars but I tried it because I got a free sample from CRC.
I sprayed it in one of the PCV hoses in the rubber intake tube after the MAF. I don't know if it helped or not but, I did it. [goofydrunk]
okay. I know i have done this in the past with Seafoam on other cars. i've always used the vacume hose going from the valve cover to the brake boster.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Just show me ONE head with fouled intake valves on the mk3 ti-vct...

So far Ford & Mazda said they found out the problem and corrected it by small intake valve overlapping to keep them hot like cakes to burn the deposit.

I haven't seen any mk3 gdi heads with this problem yet and this has been speculation on the forum for long enough.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Just show me ONE head with fouled intake valves on the mk3 ti-vct...

So far Ford & Mazda said they found out the problem and corrected it by small intake valve overlapping to keep them hot like cakes to burn the deposit.

I haven't seen any mk3 gdi heads with this problem yet and this has been speculation on the forum for long enough.
Just answering the question asked of me.
Do I believe it's a problem on these cars like the BMWs and Minis, etc? No I do not. Did I test the CRC product that was sent to me by CRC? Yes I did. Do I think the product (or any other for that matter) would even help if we had the problem? No I do not.

Now back to the OPs topic......[thumb]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts