Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the local dealer today to see what they have in stock.They also have 3 other dealerships in the area,so they checked what they have and gave me these numbers,

2014 Titanium Auto,Nav(don't need it),Moonroof,Sports Handling Package. Black paint.
Purchase-$22,934.00+ Tax/$21,934 If I finance with Ford
Lease -$36 Months 15K miles $295 pm $3K out of pocket
-$36 Months 12K miles $278 pm $3K out of pocket

Any thoughts by anyone who has bought or shopped in the last few months.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
If you finance that for 7 years it'll be about $300 a month. But then you'll own it. 6 years about $350 a month. So you decide. If you only want it for 3 years that's OK. If you outi any money down on the car it'll be cheaper to just buy it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We just bought ours last weekend and it is almost the same configuration:
2014 Titanium (hatchback),Auto,Moonroof,Sports Handling Package. Oxford white (+$595) paint, no NAV.

We got an awesome deal, most likely because we dealt directly with the Internet Sales Manager and it was the end of the month. My guess is he needed to hit a quota. We paid $23,848 - $3,000 rebate so $20,848 + tax. It'll just depend on how motivated the dealer is.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We just bought ours last weekend and it is almost the same configuration:
2014 Titanium (hatchback),Auto,Moonroof,Sports Handling Package. Oxford white (+$595) paint, no NAV.

We got an awesome deal, most likely because we dealt directly with the Internet Sales Manager and it was the end of the month. My guess is he needed to hit a quota. We paid $23,848 - $3,000 rebate so $20,848 + tax. It'll just depend on how motivated the dealer is.
Thanks,Do you have a dealers name?
Based on what you paid SharkBait,that would be about same with the Nav as premium paint is a couple hundred less than Nav option,so my dealer is about $1K over that.Hmm...
I think I'm gonna offer $21.5 and request Ruby Red paint(price offered is for Black),Weather Protection PKG and credit or switch summer tires for ASR's.
If he goes for that and I get Ford Financing,it will be $20.5K.Thinking that's fair.Anyone know from inside info if that's unreasonable?
Thoughts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dealer Invoice on our car was $25,118 and there was $750 in dealer holdback. Invoice on the car in your first post would be around $25,300 (-paint, + NAV) so it sounds like your dealer is offering it to you for about $600 over invoice. I think $300 - $500 over invoice is a very good deal and anything less is gravy. Make them an offer, the worst they can say is no. And if they say no, go back on the last weekend of the month and offer it again. If they need sales to meet a quota, they might then say yes to the same offer.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dealer Invoice on our car was $25,118 and there was $750 in dealer holdback. Invoice on the car in your first post would be around $25,300 (-paint, + NAV) so it sounds like your dealer is offering it to you for about $600 over invoice. I think $300 - $500 over invoice is a very good deal and anything less is gravy. Make them an offer, the worst they can say is no. And if they say no, go back on the last weekend of the month and offer it again. If they need sales to meet a quota, they might then say yes to the same offer.
Thanks SB,Another dealer(same company,different location) gave me a second quote after a phone call of
$21,939 all the same options in Ruby Red a $395 upcharge.
$1K off if I do Ford Financing and 0% for 72 months so,
$20,939
Thinking offering $20,500 with Protection Package included ($245.00 sticker) and $200 in oil change or credit for a tire swap as the summer tires that come with the 18" will be useless in the North East soon.
Am I pushin it? [deviltail]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Let dealer 2 know you're looking at another car and ask for what you want. Keep in mind that when you go into finance, they are going to try and sell you on an all inclusive 7 yr, 100K mile service package. If you purchase that, the $200 credit in service didn't gain you anything.

We passed on the service package, there's really not much service that these cars need now with everything being electronic and 100K mile spark plugs.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let dealer 2 know you're looking at another car and ask for what you want. Keep in mind that when you go into finance, they are going to try and sell you on an all inclusive 7 yr, 100K mile service package. If you purchase that, the $200 credit in service didn't gain you anything.

We passed on the service package, there's really not much service that these cars need now with everything being electronic and 100K mile spark plugs.
Thanks for the info SB,I'll be going to dealer with the counter offer today.

Any body do better than $21,900 for a loaded Ti in the last few months?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dealer won't budge on $20,939, 0% 60 months + $629 in fees and state tax.
Any opinions?
Ruby Red,Titanium,Sport PKG,Moon Roof,Nav.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would just say the obvious. There will always be those that will say you can get a better deal. If you've shopped around a bit and they're offering you a 'reasonable' price then it all comes down to if you're comfortable.

I can't really comment much in regards to price as mine is a much different model but my SE that I bought a month ago stickered for about $20,100. After much negotiating they were down to 15,799 out the door. I got 'em down a little further and ended up with $15,500 out the door. I was satisfied. Will there always be somebody that says they did better...of course.

If you want it, sign those papers and show us PICS :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think I'm gonna offer $21.5 and request Ruby Red paint(price offered is for Black),Weather Protection PKG and credit or switch summer tires for ASR's.
Dealer won't budge on $20,939, 0% 60 months + $629 in fees and state tax.
Any opinions?
Ruby Red,Titanium,Sport PKG,Moon Roof,Nav.
Are you not getting what you wanted here? [;)]

If the car sold to someone else tomorrow, how would you feel with that? Would you regret not taking the offer or would you be fine with it because you have other cars/colors/options you're good with getting? Answer this and you should have your answer with what to do.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are you not getting what you wanted here? [;)]

If the car sold to someone else tomorrow, how would you feel with that? Would you regret not taking the offer or would you be fine with it because you have other cars/colors/options you're good with getting? Answer this and you should have your answer with what to do.
Thanks SB
I wouldn't regret not making the deal.I think the deal is good.This thread is about factual numbers and what members are paying.Don't mind paying a few hundred dollars more,just don't want to pay 1K more if someone bought one recently at a much lower price.Also if anyone knows of hidden wiggle room for dealers provided by corporate discounts that are not public knowledge,but privy to high level buyers.[cheers]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dealer sold Ruby Red,bought a Silver w/Tuscan Interior,Handling Pkg,Nav,Moon Roof.
$20,939.00 0% Finance.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for this... Looking at a new 2014 Titanium model, went to the dealership, they didn't seem to want to budge on the MSRP, and didn't offer any incentives or rebates. Now I have something to go off of.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for this... Looking at a new 2014 Titanium model, went to the dealership, they didn't seem to want to budge on the MSRP, and didn't offer any incentives or rebates. Now I have something to go off of.
That doesn't sound right as the $3500.00 in rebates are from Ford not the dealer,so I'm at about and additional $3K off AFTER rebates from the $27,000 stick.Of course if you got a base Ti it would be less still as I have about $2,700.00 in options.I'm thinking you could get a base Ti $19K-$20K from what Ive seen from searches.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
FYI when rebates are that high 3500 they are very close to changing the body style
This is been discussed for months here and it seems to be minor updates,Not a major re-make.Photos of it are readily available online.Most say they prefer the 12-14 look.I do,especially when a car is essentially the same and 6K less!

·
Registered
454 Posts
This is been discussed for months here and it seems to be minor updates,Not a major re-make.Photos of it are readily available online.Most say they prefer the 12-14 look.I do,especially when a car is essentially the same and 6K less!
Than its definitely not worth waiting save the money

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thanks for the info SB,I'll be going to dealer with the counter offer today.

Any body do better than $21,900 for a loaded Ti in the last few months?
(2013) That's what I paid before tax and license here in CA, but it was a sedan with silver paint, moonroof, nav, sony, parking assist, and 18's with handling.....for me, I shopped with 4 dealers and got an idea of what to offer....great price!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts