Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this? Does it really reduce wheel hop?

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about it, but this is only 150 and I think it would look nice in the engine compartment.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, thanks!

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So this will give me more hp and tq to the ground and also help with response?

·
Registered
921 Posts
It will give you no more power, just a little more low end torque. I see no point in doing it if you still have the butter mounts that car comes with. In a motor that makes 140 ft/lbs like yours, it's basically useless. VF mounts should do you well.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I need all the low end power I can get since I have a atx. Besides it should look pretty good when you pop the hood. How much could be expected?

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
You get no gains please don't be fooled. All it does is help stop engine movement which in turn helps put what power you do have to the ground. You would be better off going with the other motor mounts. I would'nt recommend that with stock mount cause it just might tear those up by restricting motor movement and allow the softer ones to take all of the abuse.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
All motor mounts give a TON of vibration and are useless w/o a lot of power. The stiffy on the other hand is a compromise since it puts the power to the ground and can be adjustable. i also haven't seen one story on the stock mounts going bad because of this.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
And the fact is that IMO i thought it would take some stress off the lower mount, thats why I'm putting mine on after its customized to do so. hopeffully it works out well for everyone

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Ive heard good things about those Ingall engine dampers, well worth the money! Ive seen them on eclipses, hondas and foci, and people love them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts