Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help here. I think prepainted SVT door handles exist straight from Ford. Since Mazda sells them prepainted for the Tribute seems to me Ford should sell them prepainted for the SVT.

I bought the Sangria Tribute handles for my ZX3, they look great, just need to paint my side moldings now.

I want them in Infra for my wifes SE. Here is my latest plan to extract the part numbers from Ford.

If a Infra SVT owner could pm me thier VIN I could go to Ford and try to research the part numbers. If one of you dont want to pass your VIN on, then maybe you could be kind enough to do the research yourself.

Ive been looking for a Infra SVT on the lots, but havent come across one yet.

Thanks

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Hope you find out something on this. I'd like some myself since they (Mazda) doesn't make an Infra-red Tribute.:)

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
haha this is an age-old problem. The focus books are terrible at ford, they have a lot of mistakes. one of which is... you can often times order side trim in painted part numbers but when they come in they are simply black. I've tried forever to get thru to ford but no luck so far. I did see one set of side parts on the counter once that was painted in a bag, but didn't get any info as i was in a hurry. I think the regular zx3 ones come in texure, and the svt ones come smooth ready for painting. if they have fixed it and you can get part #'s post em up, i'm infra-red too and have given up on this idea long ago. I'll buy 3 sets if u can find em. [thumb]

g

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
I got these VIN # from a local dealers website.
Both are 2004 SVTF.

InfraRed
3FAHP39534R110812

Sonic Blue
3FAHP39504R102909

Let me know if this works out.
I'm still holding out to get some CD Silver handles.

thanks,

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Thanks, Micro.

·
Registered
110 Posts
as far as i know, only mazda sells painted door handles. the last time that i checked (about 5 months ago), ford does not sell painted door handles or mirrors. you have to purchase them and them have them painted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts