Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if any of you have cars in the genre or not and I hope you have received this by now:

I received yesterday info on a recall for fuel pumps on 2000-2001 Foci. If you have any issue reguarding like stalls, loss of power, surging, etc; this is related to this fuel pump recall. Supposedly as of late January 2004 the will have the new designed pump available.

If you haven't heard of this and have this car, you might want to check why Ford hasn't sent you a recall slip. The replacement of the part will be free at a ford dealer if you have the card, as my information packet said.

Just making you all aware if this news hasn't come along.

Peace out from Fort Myers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I just posted a message asking about following through on replacing the fuel pump. Did yolu replace yours and if so, how has that worked out?
sunnyg

·
Registered
74 Posts
I actually worked out a deal w/ my dealer, I asked how much a new fuel pump would cost me, and they paid me that amount and went and bought myself a new 255 gph fuel pump ;)

·
Registered
711 Posts
my wifes 01 4door SE had a recalls ( I took it in because engine light was on and it was having power surges) they are the fuel modual and the EGR valve, both were replaced under recall even though the warrenty was up on the car, so take it into a ford dealership have them run your VIN# and they will tell you if you are on the recall. PS we didnt recieve anything in the mail for the recall either, but it works perfect again now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts