Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, first off, sorry if this is in the wrong subforum, if it is, feel free to move it.

I've recently bought a 2011 Ford Focus mk3 from a friend who had to move overseas, and the only major problem was that the display for the radio (which the manual refers to as C: Information and entertainment display on page 11) is non functional.

The radio still functions, and is able to be controlled by the buttons on the Sony radio panel below the screen, but I'm unable to see any information on the display.

The screen remains black, and doesn't light up at any point.
I have attempted to do a reset by holding the power and right tuning button as I found on some random website on the internet to no avail, but I'm not really keen to attempt to disconnect the battery and leave it disconnected for an extended period, since I wouldn't be able to input a radio code if the radio locks and needs one.

If anybody could give me a hand that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
108 Posts
does the backlight on the screen come on when the radio is on. backlight meaning nothing displayed but the screen does become brightened. if no backlight the LCD panel is shot more than likely.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, the backlight doesn't run at all.

Is there any way to troubleshoot to guarantee it's the backlight for the LCD panel?

·
Registered
108 Posts
not that im aware of but could be wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts