Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed the screen in the gauge cluster is slow to start up the last few days. Maybe I'm crazy but I thought when I opened the door that screen was lit up white pretty quick and also came up really fast when you started the car. Seems like the last few days it takes 5-7 seconds to start up(before the cubey animation). Heck the MFT screen lights up immediately. Am I nuts and just never paid attention to it?

Once its up it seems fine and responsive to input controls.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Noticed the screen in the gauge cluster is slow to start up the last few days. Maybe I'm crazy but I thought when I opened the door that screen was lit up white pretty quick and also came up really fast when you started the car. Seems like the last few days it takes 5-7 seconds to start up. Heck the MFT screen lights up immediately. Am I nuts and just never paid attention to it?

Once its up it seems fine and responsive to input controls.
Mine has been doing that for as long as I have owned it. If I sit too long before starting, turn off then immediately turn on the car, or if it's just really cold, there is a serious lag.

On one occasion, I started the car, backed out of my space, and got out of my apartment complex before it finally turned on. It's just a slow computer but its function doesn't adversely affect driving the car.

Just wait for winter if you have yet to experience its behavior in the cold

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine usually starts to light up as soon as I open the door, so by the time I put the key in and start the car, its all ready to go. But if I am sitting in the car for a minute or two checking my phone or something, it will shut back off if I don't turn the key on. So then it seems like it takes forever to turn on since I'm already in the car and waiting.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine has been doing that for as long as I have owned it. If I sit too long before starting, turn off then immediately turn on the car, or if it's just really cold, there is a serious lag.

On one occasion, I started the car, backed out of my space, and got out of my apartment complex before it finally turned on. It's just a slow computer but its function doesn't adversely affect driving the car.

Just wait for winter if you have yet to experience its behavior in the cold
It has been below 70 here a lot the last few mornings but thats still pretty warm. Wonder if its doing some more work in the background cause I am getting up to about 1500 miles or so. Maybe its doing a status check report or whatever ford calls it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine usually starts to light up as soon as I open the door, so by the time I put the key in and start the car, its all ready to go. But if I am sitting in the car for a minute or two checking my phone or something, it will shut back off if I don't turn the key on. So then it seems like it takes forever to turn on since I'm already in the car and waiting.
Also I usually open the passenger side door first to drop my bag so maybe thats it. Ok, just trying to get used to all the gizmos this cars has. My Xterra had all the bells and whistles when it came to stability control, locking rear diff, and other stuff. But nothing like the MFT and info screen. Mileage and trip was old school too other than being a digital readout.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Under 10°C, the LCD can take time to start up - it's normal. Do not worry about it. You can try the experience yourself. Put your LCD screen in your freezer and wait a lil bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts