Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.k., here's the deal. Just bought a '07 ZX3 SE and the battery needs to be replaced. All that is in stock locally/available is a 500 cold cranking amp battery. A 590 cold cranking amp battery is recommended. From what I was looking at in the catalog, it was switched around '06.

We have relatively mild winters here, they don't last long, and we see little snow. Does anyone think it will be an issue if I go with the 500 vs 590? This is assuming that it is the same size and will fit in the compartment.

I'm in Italy so I can't just run to Wal-Mart, AutoZone, etc. Plus, locally they seem to be very expensive for a everyday battery, sometimes double or triple the U.S. price.

TIA

·
Premium Member
21,259 Posts
You should be ok with a lower CCA. I tend to prefer the largest battery I can fit in a car, but if cost is ridiculous, then you should be fine if you use a smaller battery. My 500cca factory battery has lasted 7 years.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

Well, I was able to end up getting a 590 BUT it was slightly longer than the stock battery and with the plastic battery boxes that I made quick work of. I just had to cut small portions of it off and it fit like a glove.

The car is up and running. Now for all the maintenance, etc that comes with buying a used car.

·
Premium Member
21,259 Posts
Don't worry, the European drivers will just run you off the road everywhere you go, knock your mirrors off, scrape up the side of the car. If I were you, I'd just keep it running- nothing more.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't worry, the European drivers will just run you off the road everywhere you go, knock your mirrors off, scrape up the side of the car. If I were you, I'd just keep it running- nothing more.
Oh, that's all I'm going to do is maintain it. It's funny that you say that as I just replaced my wifes' side mirror a few weeks ago on her '02 focus because it got scraped by someone passing by that shattered the glass. [boxface]

It is interesting because they are a passive agressive set of drivers and I think "for the most part" pay more attention while on the road than Americans. I've been living over here for about a year and a half now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.