Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was purchasing my system before i had this car to fit in another car that died on me, it was never used. so I'm wondering if these 6x9's which are damn good speakers can be used easily or do i need 6x8's. if so what are the best 6x8's i can buy?

·
Registered
337 Posts
or if you do a little nip and tuck it could fit also since its not that much of a difference

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I have seen it done with a drill and dremel. Just put the template over the hole, mark it so you have to cut as little as possible and dremel the hole to trim. You wont be able to put the stockers back so make it a good install and take your time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
make sure you have enough rear clearance. that is a limitation in our doors. making the opnening larger is only one part of fitment. also, remeber to make the depth measurment with th window down.

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
depth can still be a problem, my components are VERY VERY Close to the interior door panel in order to accomodate the depth clearance, I don't know what the clearance is on a ZX3, but I think it's 2 and 3/16" or something like that for the sedan.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i hope the zx3 is a little deeper but if not, 6x8 2ways from infinity are direct fits but i really wanted the 3 way 6x9's. I'm having a car audio shop do the install I just don't want to much custom work done that can't be redone never owned a car this nice before and i LOVE my baby!

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
The rear of the ZX3 is pretty deep right? You are gonna use them for the rear aren't you? 6x9s aren't a very good front stage to be honest. If you are gonna use them and want an awesome mid and high sound, amp them with a 4ch amp. The rear running the 6x9s and a set of 6.5 of 5.25" components in the front.

That would really sound nice.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yup I have a 4 channel PPI PCX 480 amplifier, Panasonic head unit CQ-HX2083U, and I still need to get my front component set. looking at a infinity perfect

if these 6x9's work that would be great they were expensive and I don't want to have to sell them for a loss and then repurchase speakers.

please post if anyone has actual depth restrictions. also top clearance is a concern as well as these do high high tweeters on them.

Plus One C.M.M.D. woofer cone is 30% larger than other speakers of this size, ensuring strong bass response
high-roll rubber surround allows greater woofer movement
1" C.M.M.D. dome tweeter
1-1/8" metallic planar EMIT supertweeter
2-way external crossovers (18 dB/octave, 3,500 Hz high- and low-pass)
sensitivity 90 dB
frequency response 35-22,000 Hz
recommended power range 2-110 watts RMS
peak power handling 330 watts
top-mount depth 3-1/4"

says tweeter is 1" dome so I will need some top clearance for them as well.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Nice amp you have there. As for the Perfects, I've heard both the Kappas and the Perfects and they really don't sound that different. I would get the Kappas for the savings. Also a nice 5.25" would work! I don't know any depth restrictions on the ZX3 or 5. I do know that it would be real difficult to get those bad boys in the doors of the sedan!

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
Those compoents run for over $180 am i right? For that money i'd suggest something that's actualy cheaper but i can almost guarentee you'd like them better. cdt cl-61a componets from the zeb.com

http://www.thezeb.com/caraudio/specials_speakers.html

I have these and they have amazingly clear highs and pretty good mids, for $150 they're a really good deal, they're $150 instead of $210 becuase the company had a batch of paint that didn't come out as bright as they're usual products, so they sold them off for a cheap price to a couple of places that would buy them in large quantities, the zeb.com bought alot and is offering them for $150, so you can't go wrong, they had an adjustable tweeter level also, from -3db to +/ 0 db to +3db, i'd suggest these over the perfects but that's my opinion.

- Scott

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I want both infinities i just enjoy there quality and sound.

about the 6x9's for the rears though 5.25 would be alright for my component though. :)

6x9's in the rear would those specs clear it? surly someone must know hehe

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
There is one way to find out if you cannot get an answer. You can get all the panels removed an measure the top and bottom depth. I am sure they will fit though. As for your Componenets, check out e-bay and you can sometimes find the Kappa 5.25" components for around 130.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts