Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok its been proven that the auto trannys are the same between the zetec and the spi but manuals wont work..but wouldent the only reason be the clutch splines? why cant i use a zetec presure plate and a spi clutch pad? are they the same size?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
noone has any info? comments?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
could i get this moved to engine swaps please?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bump for help

·
Dumbledore dies?!?!
3,123 Posts
I believe it all comes back to the bell housing issue. Seeing as the spi uses the ITB? and the zetec uses the mtx75.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
but they use the same auto tranny's and im sure they dont have diffrent blocks for auto's and manuals

·
Dumbledore dies?!?!
3,123 Posts
The duratec and zetec use the mtx-75, but the only difference is the bell housing. So maybe thats the same with the spi and zetec auto.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
but that still dosent make any sence to me . what i wanna know is all the guys that did the auto zetec swap what T converter did they use ? spi or zetec?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
but that still dosent make any sence to me . what i wanna know is all the guys that did the auto zetec swap what T converter did they use ? spi or zetec?

·
Registered
818 Posts
The SPI and Zetec have the same bell housing.

But you'll have to use the Zetec Flywheel, that requires bushing spacer for the flywheel bolts since the Zetec uses larger dia bolts.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
but if i use the zetec flywheel then wont i have to use the zetec clutch that wont match to my spi tranny? can i drill the spi flywheel to match?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts