Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. sorry to have to do this, but i regiestered but i dont have a ford. but i need ur guys help, ok i own a fiat brava 1.6, but engine mods r a no go'er, so i was looking through a book and came accross the stainless steel induction pipe, well it looks like it will fit a brava but i need some details first... plz help me out

1) the radious and diameter of the pipe the induction kit goes on on a 1.8 and a 2.0 focus
2) if u have a stainless steel pipe can u email me on [email protected] so i can confirm a few thing with u about them

this is really appricated

thank u very much

kind regards Lee

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
most are 3" or so. how big is ur throttle body? you can really use anything between 2 and 3" its the rubber couplings that u should worry about. some people use pvc and get it thermal coated to keep temps down. stainless steel geats hot and will rob u of power. post a pic of ur engine and lets see what u are workin with

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and here is wat hes got on his for the induction pipe, looks like a focus 1 made by ractive

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
that ractive pipe isnt bad, it looks like a good piece for ur car. just go to a local autoparts store and get the right couplings for it and a k&n cone filter. its almost a 3" diameter piece about 2.9"

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
lol can u post a pic of the other end of the tube, where it connects to your throttle body and intake manifold?

need to see if u need an elbow too then ill post pix of what im talkin about

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no i cant lol not my car and i have no idea wat ur on about to do it on mine
sorry if u explain like u would to a monkey then i might understand

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
the circled pieces are rubber couplings, u need to get one end the size of ur intake tube and the other the size of the opening of ur throttle body, then u will need 2 hose clamps, one probably 1.5-2.5 " and another 2.5-3.5" and tighten the larger one down onto the side where the coupling and intake tube connect, and the smaller one down to where the throttle body and coupling connect. the ring things on the bottom are the hose clamps

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok i understand i think, the diameter on my car is 73mm and radious is 36.2mm, do u know what the pipe is??? isnt it roughly the same???

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
gotta take my bro to an interview and go to lunch. see if u can get a pic of what ur throttle body looks like and ill see if i can help more later

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok just been cofirmed by another mate the radious is 36.50mm, so what size does that make the pipe???

Lee

1 - 16 of 16 Posts