Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bare with me guys. I was looking into getting an intake, but I keep running into "Not approved for use in California or states that require a California EO#."

1) What makes it illegal? Is it the open, high flow filter? Does it have anything to do with oiled vs. dry filters? Is it the open airbox assembly?
2) Would the snorkel delete be illegal in CA as well? Because that is part of the induction system, affecting air flow and such.
3) Who the ****** is gonna stop me from doing this mod and how would they even know? Smog checks?

For example, the "Cold Air Intake KIT" shown below is from Roush. It's literally just a drop-in open air filter and a slightly modified airbox lid for a little over $200 with tax, which seems really steep but that's for another discussion.
cak143.jpg

·
Registered
533 Posts
The CARB number is given when the company pays EXTORTION to the California Air Resources Board. They use that money as a slush fund. The same thing is going on with the Handgun Roster. Companies have to pay the state money to sell their products in the California market. That is all it is. You get the government you vote for.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The CARB number is given when the company pays EXTORTION to the California Air Resources Board. They use that money as a slush fund. The same thing is going on with the Handgun Roster. Companies have to pay the state money to sell their products in the California market. That is all it is. You get the government you vote for.
I'm inclined to believe you. Alternatively, info on custom airbox mod? Pics?

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
^^^nice bud.... but AEM's intake is CARB approved.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Actually an intake adds about 9 to 12hp on these cars, crazy I know

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
^^^really? unless thats whp numbers... I'll have to take a look at the dyno thread again, various dynos done with intakes and other mods and they had more gains then that.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
No, these cars were stock...these dynos were when the intakes first came out, k&n, steeda, aem, etc....the aem was up there, the steeda had biggest gains

1 - 14 of 14 Posts