Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys,

I have a 2001 Focus with an aftermarket intake and exhaust. Ever since I installed the intake I have noticed some pretty significant increases in power. But with this good increase I have had a low idling problem; sometimes I get lazy and like to put my car in neutral and roll to a stop using the brakes. I have gotten used to downshifting and all that jazz, but I still feel like I am idling a little low. Is there a way I can adjust the idle RPM from my driveway? From the dealer? Or do I have to tune for it?

Thanks everyone

Robert

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
There are 2 ways to do it, the best is to get a tune for it. This will allow you to adjust other settings. or, you can just get an aftermarket tb w/ an adjustable throttle screw.

·
Registered
108 Posts
so...the stock TB has no idle adjust screw?

·
Registered
442 Posts
im pretty sure the throttle closed stop that has a thread on it is glued into the side of the throttle body. i tried to find a small nut to screw on the thread to no avail.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
There is a screw on the stock tb, but you cannot adjust it!! the only way is to shave the screw itself, but then what you do to it is permanent. It's easier to just get a new 65 mm tb!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts