Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just wanna know without loosing a lot of top end power, if it's possible to do something to increase at least the low and mid-range torque.

This is where I spent most of the time when my car is moving.

Now I'm with a CAI and looking for exhaust and a tune but this is more closer to the redline improvement.

Thank you guys!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Tuning is your best bet, but small, normally aspirated engines will never be torque monsters. Are you driving a manual or automatic? I found the automatic felt stronger at lower rpm than my manual.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5spd stick :)

But a turbo isn't top end boost? (have to build up pressure with high rpm hence the lag)

Maybe a supercharger works better at lower mid rpm than a turbo.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
5spd stick :)

But a turbo isn't top end boost? (have to build up pressure with high rpm hence the lag)

Maybe a supercharger works better at lower mid rpm than a turbo.
No, with the right sized turbocharger you get pressure quite early in the rev range. Turbochargers are great for midrange torque.

Larger turbochargers generally come in later and require more revs to spool, but it's not a requirement.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I drove a 2.0 ecoboost Escape and was impressed with the low and mid range torque. Power tapered off on the top end. These have a little snail or a turbo that spools quickly with very little lag. I was impressed enough to consider buying one, but I don't like the seats in the Escape.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I used to drive a 07 mini cooper S turbo and that thing had a ton of TQ right from the get go. I loved it!

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Not sure if a header or some ST injectors would help you there. I've also heard of people milling their cams.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A tune is your best bet and I can help you with that

Tom
You are already in my buy list next year!

Pm me with a quotation of all costs thanks!

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
The xcal4 cost 429.00 and 20.00 for shipping , you get the xcal4 , full custom tune , free tune updates as you add more NA mods and my datalogging services

You can pay with check or MO or use paypal add 3% for paypal fees

Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts