Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best Buy employees, please chime in...

So I have a 2003 SVT with audiophile, and want to connect my iPod. I know that my only option is to go through FM, so I would like to go the in-line route. I have researched, and the audiovox fm100a looks like a good unit, but I have $65 bucks in best buy gift cards that I would like to use on this if possible.

I remember reading some employees' posts about best buy selling something that would work, but I searched the website and could not find except for XM radio in-line stuff. If anybody has gone the in-line route, please let me know what you have used. Parts numbers would be great. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
well the part is not on the website but if you go back to car audio there is a part that is dynex branded but is made by metra....its a Wired fm modulator...goes for 44.99...what it does is interface with your fm antenna (you are going to need a pair of antenna adapters should run no more than 25 bucks) a creates an RCA input and uses voltage sensing to turn itself on and only allow the frequency that the modulator broadcasts to come thru your fm radio...these things work great and well and install quite a few of em....oh and when you install it you will have to tap into an accy power circuit and ground

·
Registered
401 Posts
get a head unit, you can get a real good one for around $200 that will charge and play your ipod and also contorl it right on screen, quality is much better than the wired FM garbage.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yeah...the wired FM is kinda junk...i had it in my dads 07 focus and i got nothing besides static...horrible choice id say lol

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
what you prolly had was a wireless fm mod...which is horrible...the wired ones work great....we have installed dozens of em for customers and everyone has came out great....i agree on the new headunit though

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sticking with stock, even though I know that aftermarket would be even better. If I were going to get an aftermarket deck, it wouldn't be a $200 one...

The audiophile is a nice system, and I don't have to worry about anybody ripping it off. Plus, I'm in college, so cash is limited. Thanks for your comments.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts