Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just brought the Focii in for service to fix the leaky door problem. After the hurricaine a bunch of water came gushing out the rear door between the seals. I also developed a rattle in the head liner,(sunroof type).
I also asked about the power windows. You should be able to put them up when the key is removed, before you open the doors. The service advisor even said the power stays on until the door is open. We'll see what happens. I hate not driving it for a day.[80?]

·
Registered
422 Posts
So you are supposed to be able to put the windows up after removing the key??? Mine won't move up after I turn the key to the off position! So I should take it in?

·
Registered
588 Posts
So you are supposed to be able to put the windows up after removing the key??? Mine won't move up after I turn the key to the off position! So I should take it in?
This has been discussed in another thread.

You can only roll the windows up after turning the car off on SEL and Titanium models.

I have an SE like you guys, and only the radio stays on until you open the door. The windows go dead when you turn the key.

I'd like to meet the Ford employee who decided that SE owners don't deserve this functionality. [bash]

·
Sonic Crew #016
4,313 Posts
Yeah what the [:)][:)][:)][:)] is up with that. if you time it right it gives you enuf time to close the sunroof.lol

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
This has been discussed in another thread.

You can only roll the windows up after turning the car off on SEL and Titanium models.

I have an SE like you guys, and only the radio stays on until you open the door. The windows go dead when you turn the key.

I'd like to meet the Ford employee who decided that SE owners don't deserve this functionality. [bash]
Same person who decided that SEL and Ti get's one touch up and down for all windows. It's just small features that set the trims apart if they all got the same features than what need for trims would there be?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Same person who decided that SEL and Ti get's one touch up and down for all windows. It's just small features that set the trims apart if they all got the same features than what need for trims would there be?
There are plenty of other small features that set the trim levels apart. Chrome belt molding, overhead console, rear-seat armrest, etc.

I shouldn't have to spend a couple thousand more on a higher trim level with a bunch of features I don't care about to get PROPER 'power retention' functionality. I'm not expecting extra features for free... just that the ones that are supposedly there work like they are supposed to. (Like they do on every other car I've seen with said 'power retention' feature.)

The 10 year old Hyundai I traded in for this Focus had this right. And it cost $5000 less. [dunno]

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are plenty of other small features that set the trim levels apart. Chrome belt molding, overhead console, rear-seat armrest, etc.

I shouldn't have to spend a couple thousand more on a higher trim level with a bunch of features I don't care about to get PROPER 'power retention' functionality. I'm not expecting extra features for free... just that the ones that are supposedly there work like they are supposed to. (Like they do on every other car I've seen with said 'power retention' feature.)

The 10 year old Hyundai I traded in for this Focus had this right. And it cost $5000 less. [dunno]
I agree 100%.If they don't fix it I'll complain to Ford. I'm sure its just a bit change on the computer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just brought the Focii in for service to fix the leaky door problem. After the hurricaine a bunch of water came gushing out the rear door between the seals. I also developed a rattle in the head liner,(sunroof type).
I also asked about the power windows. You should be able to put them up when the key is removed, before you open the doors. The service advisor even said the power stays on until the door is open. We'll see what happens. I hate not driving it for a day.[80?]
I test drove an SE and they said they had just washed it, when I opened the back door water also came gushing out which I didn't think was good. It seemed like a seal issue. I hope they get your car fixed.

·
Registered
366 Posts
No rain here in Houston since last year (seems like it) and I have not even
had to wash my Focus yet. It's been since July 10.
I will be looking for the leaky hatch.

On options, yeah, we got rear ended for sure on the SE models. Ford wants
to punish everybody who didn't ante up for the automatic.

Dear Ford,

Please fire current geniuses in your marketing department. Get a new batch
of monkeys who understand the market.

Sincerely,
CrazyDave.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Why do you need to raise the window with the key removed. I had this feature in a GM car and never used it.
I don't *need* to... but I had become accustomed to this feature in my Hyundai (where it worked correctly). Park, shut the car off, check that the windows are all up, and then exit. With the Focus, it's park, check that the windows are all up, shut off the car, and then exit.

Minor difference, yeah...maybe I shouldn't complain about it so much... but it took me YEARS to get my wife to stop opening her door after I shut the car off, so that I could roll-up the windows after shutting off the engine. Now all that training is for naught!! :)

EDIT: Dave, I *did* ante up for the automatic. I just didn't ante up for the chrome belt molding and air vent surrounds, LOL.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The "leaky" door problem has happened on every focus I've seen. Test drove one after it rained, was checking out the back and opened the door and water came spilling out. Got my car, and after the hurricane water came out of the backdoor. I thought it was just normal, but if they'll fix it let me know.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got the car back today. They fixed the rattling roof liner with felt tape and lubed.Windows rolling up after the key is shut off is an option not availiable on the SE, and they said the door filling up with water is normal. What do you do in a situation like this? Complain to Ford?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I don't *need* to... but I had become accustomed to this feature in my Hyundai (where it worked correctly). Park, shut the car off, check that the windows are all up, and then exit. With the Focus, it's park, check that the windows are all up, shut off the car, and then exit.

Minor difference, yeah...maybe I shouldn't complain about it so much... but it took me YEARS to get my wife to stop opening her door after I shut the car off, so that I could roll-up the windows after shutting off the engine. Now all that training is for naught!! :)

EDIT: Dave, I *did* ante up for the automatic. I just didn't ante up for the chrome belt molding and air vent surrounds, LOL.
Different cars, different features. My 08 Mazdaspeed 3 did NOT have power retention like this and once the key was out everything was off. My Focus does have it but I still by habit check the windows before removing the key. You'll just have to get used to it.

And the SEL doesn't have the air vent surrounds. :( haha

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got the car back today. They fixed the rattling roof liner with felt tape and lubed.Windows rolling up after the key is shut off is an option not availiable on the SE, and they said the door filling up with water is normal. What do you do in a situation like this? Complain to Ford?
Just found another thread on the leaky door issue - "Possible rear door sill problem".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts