Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys/gals.. im looking to purchase a in dash single din... dvd/cd/etc ive been browsing everywhere.. but nothing is really catching my eye.. of course price is an issue im not looking to drop a check lol either way its for my d.d. a galant... what do you guys recomend? price range between 300-450 or so?
brand does not matter as long as it doesnt break after a week lol

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not really.. as long as i dont get scammed lol

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeh i saw this on google checkout... the thing about the 4000 is that its a dual din and they dont make dual din kits for the galant.. ive flipped the world looking for one because i would lay a bit more cash for a complete dual din screen but i have to get a motarized one since its a single din and worst part is there's three slots one for the stereo one for temperature control and a empty one :( and i dont want to cut anything or fiberglass anything custom since id prolly screw it up since im no good at moldings or fiberglass jobs.. errrr but yeh

·
Aggresive Not Crazy
1,815 Posts
ok yeah i didnt know if you wanted to do the fiberglass thing. i have the 5000 in my car right now its prerry awesome. you can change the color and add a rear camera. plus you can add a switch to play movies while you drive.

·
Aggresive Not Crazy
1,815 Posts
ok yeah i didnt know if you wanted to do the fiberglass thing. i have the 5000 in my car right now its prerry awesome. you can change the color and add a rear camera. plus you can add a switch to play movies while you drive.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeh i just dont want to ruin anything or pay a arm and a leg for someone to do it.. you know?

·
Registered
800 Posts
i had a dual for like a year and i sold it so sombody on here and as far as i know it still works like a champ, it was the touch screen from walmart, and the install was very easy if you can match colors on wires and plug in a plug, ur good to go. as for the ground i just grounded it to a switch cause u have to do some kinda sequence to make it work

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i was just on there right now they have a valor for a good price.. now i was told that my galant is preamped.. since it carries the 7 speaker infinity system.. would that cause a problem with installation or should i have someone do it? also i belive fry's had the same one for about 50 bucks cheaper..

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
You can live chat with a person on crutchfield and ask them. I don't know jack squat about galants. I know on the mustangs the mach 1 sound system is goofy so I would ask them.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so far crutchfield has been a huge help.. i sent them an email and about 20 min later i got a response ive been dealing with sum guy andy and sum other guy chris i believe they gave me evrything i needed to kno and even more lol so i dont have to buy a kit for my car since the one in it will fit the aftermarket and i found this clarion in dash dvd new for 359... very sweet and i belive crutchfield has it for 499 i asked them about it and they said that the clarion is sweeter (diff words) than the valor i was looking at for roundabout the same price.. so up to now i mite go for this i gotta see cause my co-worker has a brother with a bunch of equipment ''fallen of the truck'' hes gonna bring some tomorrow and ill see if i can find sumthing tasty...

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Yea I would go with Clarion as well. Valor is ok but Clarion is one of the best. And Crutchfields customer service is top notch. Glad you got it all figured out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts