Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Keep getting P1518. Took the IMRC box apart last year, cleaned it up and it has been fine until a few weeks back. I have read most every thread on the subject. They all seem to show the cable/actuator moving upon start up.

Mine doesn't move at all.

I checked the plug to it, one plug has 12v, one has 5.1 volts and the others seem to be grounds.

Is there a way to test the box out of the car? 12v to a certain pin or something? Or am I getting the correct signals and the box is dead for sure?

Read alot about guys who put in new boxes and it didn't cure it. I dont wanna be one of those guys. I will buy a new box if thats what it needs, but I would rather make sure first

Thanks again

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would just replace 125 shipped
Are you selling one for $125 shipped? or is there a place to get them for that price? I really don't want a used one, as this is a known problem.

I have read of many others replacing the controller and it still not working. I would like to diag it a bit more to make sure I am getting power/signal whatever to where its supposed to be going, to make sure its the box

·
Registered
3 Posts
if you want I can send you the diag process from the workshop manual, but have you tried cleaning the contacts inside the box ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts