Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is not the dsi clip post that is broken (like the cfm replacement), but the plastic piece attached to the end of the IMRC cable that attaches to the dsi clip post. Is this piece(dsi clip?) replacable? Can I take a good clip from another cable and transplant? My IMRC is shot and I am possibly buying a good IMRC controller off of someone on FF but this clip is partially broken on the used IMRC. I don't want to get screwed if this piece is not fixable/replacable. If it can be changed, How is it done? Has anyone ever done this or had this clip break? [???:)]

·
C2H5OH
11,868 Posts
The clip is not replaceable far as I know, the cable on the other-hand is. I know I've seen a mock how-to for it but I don't think it was on a focus site, Mustang site IIRC. Or look for something on how to replace the cruise control cable (very similar).

So you can take a good cable and transfer it to a good IMRC and you should be set.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, Can anyone add anything else to this? Is it hard to take the cable off/out of the IRMC? I saw the how to on taking the box apart and that seemed a bit much for me not to f... it up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts